Wanted: OPEN AIR COOP Pics

New run added.
IMG_20230205_124316.jpg

I got some exciting news today.
My momma has decided to build a coop.
She already ordered coop plans...which sound like they need to go straight in to the trash can.
I'm trying to find her
Large
Walk in
Open air type coop pictures for ideas.

I am not finding pictures easily.

Do you have some pictures to share or links to some pictures?

Built this myself! Just finished and now can't find chicks to buy! Feed stores sell out in minutes around here with egg prices through the roof. If anyone is in Palm beach county or Martin county and knows where I can get sexed chicks please let me know!!!

Attachments

• Elaine's chicken coop-1.jpg
    Elaine's chicken coop-1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Elaine's chicken coop-2.jpg
    Elaine's chicken coop-2.jpg
    880.7 KB · Views: 8
Built this myself! Just finished and now can't find chicks to buy! Feed stores sell out in minutes around here with egg prices through the roof. If anyone is in Palm beach county or Martin county and knows where I can get sexed chicks please let me know!!!
You might want to cut some holes in your coop for ventilation and cover them with hardware cloth.

You can mail order chicks from https://www.idealpoultry.com/

You might want to cut some holes in your coop for ventilation and cover them with hardware cloth.
x2. I'm assuming you're in FL? Unless there are some very large vents we cannot see, you really might want to consider taking off an entire wall and replacing it with wire, otherwise this will be an oven in summer. Look at the posts early in this thread for examples of the amount of ventilation required in hotter areas.

I'd actually go with a breeder if I were you, not only for the better quality but better availability this crazy spring.
Last year I ordered from @dheltzel at Welbars.com and I was super pleased. I've heard this year he's doing some cool new sex-linked pure Ameraucana that sound perfect for anyone who likes blue eggs.

Your run looks really snazzy with the lattice. x3 on the more ventilation though. It's SO important in our hot climate.

Yes, I have did so after I took this photo...I've also added a wire fence roof on the entire run. I finally got my first flock of 5 chicks which are in the house right now but will be going outside in another week once they are a bit bigger....they have dbled in size in only 8 days since purchasing! My dog is so enamored with them, and will be there guardian as well.

Attachments

• Chicks days old IMG_0200.jpg
    Chicks days old IMG_0200.jpg
    606.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Snoopy&Chicks Avatar.jpg
    Snoopy&Chicks Avatar.jpg
    792.1 KB · Views: 6

Just read the article on ventilation and so I'm going to add more holes....too late for a roof vent but I may make each side have more vent holes than I have right now....I purposely made the coop and run in the shadiest part of my property due to our FL summer heat so I decided I'm going to get a thermometer for the coop so I can tell how hot it really gets in there.

Back
Top Bottom