wanted to buy a sebastopol & runner CENTRAL WI

cheesehead

Chirping
9 Years
Apr 1, 2012
Central Wisconsin
Looking for seb goslings & runners. I am in Portage county and there are not many around here....The guy incubating the ones were waiting on lost his so contact me if you can help out! Would like to get piping eggs for sebs if possible.

edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Pipping eggs? Good luck finding anyone willing to risk a gosling in the middle of hatching by selling it and allowing it to be transported to a new home when it should be in lockdown.

Yes that's very true and almost impossible to acquire...if not very risky. which the risk would be mine as well as any bad out come. My daughter would like a sebbie to show and the luck I have had with the difference between having a goose/duck 'imprint' and literally be separate & alone when hatched vs. already being with a brood after hatching is tremendous. In one case you have a 'kid', and dedicated pet. In the other you acquire one that is 1-2 days old and can have a gosling that kind of already knows its a gosling and peeps endlessly searching for other goslings. Incubating would be done by me but ours have hatched out and the man we were lined up with, all his failed. (ebay eggs I think go figure) So I have a daughter that has been awaiting her little fuzz ball for nearly 3 months and just found out (well she hasn't - I did) that it's not happening. So - trying my luck.

Why not just go on eBay and buy eggs and incubate them then. Our goslings are very human imprinted as our buyers can attest to. They are spoiled rotten and talked to through out the day since we are home with them. We have over 20 goslings right now and they all know our voices, they know our 15 month old brings grass. They know my husband is safety when they are loose in the yard. Yes hatching is fun, but it is also a tone of work. If you were willing to take the end of the hatching process, then be willing to do the entire thing. Then you can experience it from day one of unpacking and setting right through to hatch and raising.

Shipping eggs in the process of pipping is a death sentence to the babies. Perhaps you meant something else, like buying fertile eggs? Ebay has hatching eggs. i just finished hatching out three batches of Sebbies - one set of eggs bought off ebay with great results, then two batches of eggs from a local woman. Hatching goose eggs is a LOT of work - turning, misting and cooling, weighing, then the stress of hatching, perhaps needing to help. i appreciate the experience, but if i had to do it all over again i would buy goslings. Our first three goslings were purchased and they are very friendly.

Back
Top Bottom