Wanted to Buy: Splash Marans Eggs this Spring

Discussion in 'Chicken Hatching Eggs' started by dldolan, Jan 13, 2012.

1. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Hi There!
    I am looking to improve and increase my little group of three Splash Marans. Next time I have a broody, I'd like to get six Splash Marans eggs, hoping to hatch another pullet or two. Here is my group. If you have a line of birds that might improve my line (My birds have nice coloring, feathered legs and no sprigs on their combs. BUT I need better leg color, and the eggs are a 4/5 on the Marans scale.) PM me with photos of your birds if you'd be willing to sell me eggs (at the whim of a broody--sorry!) or we could trade. I have photos of the test hatch chicks my friends hatched out for you to see.
    Thanks,
    Dawn

2. Charm1704

Charm1704 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2010
    Elgin, Tx
    I have gorgeous Splash Marens! here is a link to my website. and a picture of 2 little splash that hatched yesterday. all of mine are french
    standard and produce the same.~Charm1704

http://indainoaksfancyfeathers.webs.com/

[​IMG]

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    crfarms also has some pretty Splash Marans. : )

~ Aspen

1 person likes this.
  4. Raven1

Raven1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2008
    Carthage, TN
    I just hatched some of Charm1704's eggs and got some great chicks, good hatch rate, wonderful packing. They are solid not coppered like yours by the way but would mix in fine.
    I have also hatched some of crfarms birds they were nice too and some of them show copper.

5. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA
    Thanks for the offer! I'll check out your website. Hoping for a broody always makes me crazy. They are broody when you DON'T need them to be, then of course, when you want one (or four!), nothing happens. Sigh.
    Best,
    Dawn

6. TNBarnQueen

TNBarnQueen Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2010
    East Tennessee
    I am presently hatching splash x french copper marans. So far most chicks are going to be splash. I can provide pics if needed. They are laying well now and so far my fertility test eggs have hatched 97% Just let me know!
    Terry

7. erikash

erikash New Egg

Feb 28, 2012
    Hi, we live in Yuba city, and would love to have some of the splash. Please email or call Erika (530)751-1988

8. bocas1

bocas1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2014
    Sorry to bother you but I need 20 post to make a wanted to buy add.

9. dldolan

dldolan WineNChooks

Aug 11, 2010
    Sonoma County, CA

So, are you wanting Splash Marans eggs, or just posting randomly to get to 20?

10. bocas1

bocas1 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2014
    I am looking for Belgian D,anver eggs, 2-3 doz. Again, sorry.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by