Wanted to post my Project breed!

Hey Raresight...one of my Silky x Auburn Java-Black Quechua Olmecs (fm) chicks that was going to go into the trade with you, seems to have an extra long Silkie tail, normal black fm feathering over the rest of her? body, small backward flowing crest...feathered feet/shanks, vulture hocks...but an extra long tail in silkie type feathers.
Thought I'd mention this bird...will most likely carry the blue/green egg affecting gene.
She might work better for you in making your Empress...it's why I thought to share her description...a sister of hers, also fm...grey skinned...not quite as black...but with a much more noticeable back swept crest growing pretty fast. Two buff silkies mentioned earlier have crests still growing much longer at the back of their vaulted heads....long enough right now that I can make a ponytail out of...though these two have more blue skin...with green beaks...not that lovely intense black we're both seeking after...

Since I don't really care for such large crests..especially when these two have beards too so its now hard for them to see or for me to see their face unless of course I pick them up and part their feathers up out of their eyes and their beards down too...its still very obvious there is still a lot more feather growth all over but especially on their crests..you see I only like little back swept crests...and when I'd seen your nicely drawnout 'Empress' ..the picture had a very long silkie type backswept crest...kinda like having long hair growing off its head...emphasizing the black skinned

wattless and combless face...bare black neck.......well you get the idea...I've paid close appreciative attention to the details of your project Empress birds....these birds you are designing are beautiful...what I'm breeding seems along similar paths though I'm breeding out silkie feathers and you are breeding in silkie feathers..my birds might work a lot better for you...at least the ones I mentioned...the two purebred buff silkies also have real long pony tail type tails in silkie feathers too which I don't see all that often on the show types...just looking at these four birds makes me think of you and your Empress...every day more and more...if they'll help you the way I'm imagining....just pm me...your non silkie feathered fm 'culls' will work for me...I need flyers here in this part of the country....
I'm waiting on 90% pure Ayam Cemani eggs, have a batch in the incubator of more fm birds, not silkie but green/blue egg layers...different fm project.
And waiting on pure Svart Hona eggs too....I would love though to help on your project...keep a lookout for those birds with traits that fit your plan much better than my own...

How did this project turn out? I just got my first copy of fibro and can't wait to start working on my own project.

How did this project turn out? I just got my first copy of fibro and can't wait to start working on my own project.

They are doing well! We lost our F2s last fall to an attack, but started right up again and have fresh new F2s growing up. We're also bringing in the showgirl naked neck, and have found that lavender (from the Ameraucana) really darkens up fibro in our unrelated new F1s.

Thats a good breed design. You might want to look into darkening the fibro in the birds first since that is the hardest thing to get right first. But when you finish, id like to see em for myself :)

Thats a good breed design. You might want to look into darkening the fibro in the birds first since that is the hardest thing to get right first. But when you finish, id like to see em for myself :)

I am working on that aspect as well. Since it is the hardest to get really dark, I'm putting together birds with characteristics like the duplex comb and stature that I want to breed with the fibro so I won't get too far into the skin and realise I need to completely outcross to get another goal trait.

They are doing well! We lost our F2s last fall to an attack, but started right up again and have fresh new F2s growing up. We're also bringing in the showgirl naked neck, and have found that lavender (from the Ameraucana) really darkens up fibro in our unrelated new F1s.

oh my gosh, they are darling, Do you have grown up pics? How is your project going?

I'm learning, or trying to learn about meat genetics and egg laying genetics.

I want to make hearty meat birds, for my personal use and to share with friends and family. Something that is able to pasture/free range, doesn't end up with complications like the cornish x, and that I don't have to process at 8 weeks, perhaps 16 weeks or so, give them some time to ensure a more proper growth.

For eggs, I would love to have a rainbow basket! Also with that of course, a well versed layer.

Back
Top Bottom