wanted to share my monsterous rooster and his gals (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BellLisamo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Crowing

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    That crowing description really has me laughing, now! I wish I could hear that! [​IMG]

2. silkieluver_07

silkieluver_07 Songster

Jan 31, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    [​IMG] He is big!!!!!!!!! I'd be afraid that he'd squash some of the smaller hens. haha [​IMG]

3. Penske

Penske Songster

Dec 28, 2007
    Massachusetts
    I'll have to get a picture of our white cochin. He's about the same size as your beautiful boy! Maddie's chest across the front is about 11-12"!

Thanks for your post! So fun!!

Lisa

4. amartinlb

amartinlb Songster

Mar 17, 2009
    Jersey Shore
    [​IMG] what a nice bunch, very pretty. That rooster is huge!!!!

5. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Wow....if they told you he was a pullet, no way would I go back to tell them you need a cockeral.

You do need to find him a couple Barred Cochin hens! [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
  6. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:i'm happy with him. hahaha! uggghh do you sell cockerals? can i get a few? where am i gonna find barred cochins? anyone? he needs some women of his own breed!

7. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:oh yes please do!

8. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    oh my goodness. i have a hen, that when hippy mates with her, she goes into shock or something. it will lay there for a minute or two, doesnt care if anything comes by or if i try to touch her. she goes into a trance....

ahahahhhaa [​IMG]

9. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    I would love to see some of his offspring! Though I think you need something a little bigger than a silkie, maybe an emu or ostrich like someone else suggested [​IMG] He is gorgeous.

10. BellLisamo

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:hahahaaa!!! well hes got a leghorn and a delaware in there. so those are his favorites. the others are too little! i keep trying to find him hens, but gosh dangit no one is selling any!

One of his babys i hatched the other day, it has the barred markings, i posted pics in the baby chicks section. It is a barred cochin/polish mix. CANT WAIT to see how it turns out. His name is duck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: