wanted to share my monsterous rooster and his gals (pics)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by BellLisamo, Mar 20, 2009.

1. Scoop

Scoop Songster

Jan 16, 2009
    Central PA
    [​IMG] nice pictures!!

2. sandyj

sandyj Songster

Dec 3, 2008
    St.Paul, Minnesota
    What a beautiful boy!!! [​IMG] Is he a barred rock roo??

sandyj

3. Portia

Portia Songster

Feb 29, 2008
    South Central PA
    He's huge, looks tasty

[​IMG] [​IMG]

He is gorgeous, and huge! I bet the girls completely disappear under him when he services them....do they even know what hit them?​

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  4. Bock_Bock

Bock_Bock Songster

Dec 13, 2008
    Hayward, Ca
    did you ever try showing him in a contest if so i would love to know what happen

5. Big Ol' cochin roos are SOOOO cool and barred rock on top of it.

Nice Bird !!

6. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks Songster

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    Wow! He's so big and beautiful. But if I were one of your hens, I'd have a favorite place to hide on his friskier days. [​IMG]

7. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    hahah! you guys crack me up!!! now ill try to answer the questions, i think i left him on starter feed too long as a chick. HAHHA no i doubt it, it was my husbands job, he switched him to starter when he was like 4 weeks or less? He used to be tiny! He was supposed to be a she!

He is nice when you get ahold of him, he actually enjoys being petted! He protects his gals though, but wont charge me after a couple trys. He is sooooo soft and the gals are gaga over him.

Yes, the hens disappear. Looks like he's getting busy with the ground most the time. He has been successful at mating my silkie and she hatched some babies (would have loved to see if i could get some barred ones.... but they didnt make it). He still mates her, and im waiting for her to hatch eggs. I just hatched one of his babies, and it was a polish barred cochin cross. Cant wait to see what it'll look like, its got the barred marking on its head.

here is a baby picture....
    [​IMG]

and him with my daughter...as a baby and now
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

and heres me holding the monster bird...
    [​IMG]

i would love to show him in the state fair, but what are the requirements?

8. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks Songster

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    LOLOL that pic of your little darling holding him is priceless! He's as big as she is!

9. BellLisamo

BellLisamo Diagnosed w/ Muscovitis

Feb 7, 2009
    Tombstone, AZ
    Quote:ya shes 3 1/2 now, so you can tell he's huge! shes actually tall for her age. "Hippy" comes up to my knee!

10. WoodlandWoman

WoodlandWoman Crowing

May 8, 2007
    Wisconsin
    What a handsome fella! Wow!

My husband wants to know if you're sure there isn't any turkey in him? [​IMG]

We've been looking at pictures of big, beautiful tom turkeys this week, trying to decide on a breed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: