Wanted to share the love...

Pele

Songster
8 Years
Feb 25, 2011
Boise
Hi all.

I'm a pretty avid baker, and I've searched the ends of the internet for a really good sandwich bread recipe. I've often come upon disappointment, and small loaves. However I'm stubborn and kept trying.

Finally, one day, I stumbled across this: http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2011/03/28/rosebuds-butter-topped-white-bread/

It, without fail, makes loaves of bread that rival anything commercial bakeries can produce. My husband hasn't bought bread from a store in over a year now, and pouts when he has to eat it outside of the home (lol he's spoiled).

The only part I would recommend changing is the butter topping, but that's only if you have health concerns. The bread is premium even without the topping. No need for it (though it IS super good with it).

Enjoy!

WOW!
droolin.gif
that looks absolutely mouth-watering! thanks so much for sharing the recipe; I'll be trying this tomorrow when I'm off!

I think I might have seen that recipe on Pinterest and it looked so good. Thanks for sharing!

You're very welcome! And yes, it's on Pintrest. I know I re-pinned with glowing recommendations.

I've never left these loaves to see what the limit of their rise is, but I do know that it's beyond a standard toaster! I always have to make sure they get into the oven before they get 'too big for their britches'. And they don't taste overly yeasty either. I can't say enough about this recipe :).

Hi all.

I'm a pretty avid baker, and I've searched the ends of the internet for a really good sandwich bread recipe. I've often come upon disappointment, and small loaves. However I'm stubborn and kept trying.

Finally, one day, I stumbled across this: http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2011/03/28/rosebuds-butter-topped-white-bread/

It, without fail, makes loaves of bread that rival anything commercial bakeries can produce. My husband hasn't bought bread from a store in over a year now, and pouts when he has to eat it outside of the home (lol he's spoiled).

The only part I would recommend changing is the butter topping, but that's only if you have health concerns. The bread is premium even without the topping. No need for it (though it IS super good with it).

Enjoy!

I will be baking my first sourdough loaf on Friday my starter has one more day left to do what it is doing. found a site called takebackthebread.com gives good instructional video. I will be looking this site up. Thanks for sharing.

Good luck with the sourdough bread - May your crust be crunchy and brown and the center be soft and fluffy.

OK breadmakers - I have a question/need advice.

I make a killer Italian Bread. It is definately a favorite at our house. It is a free formed loaf and only has AP flour, yeast, water, sugar, salt and dough enhancer.
I have a grain mill and like to grind wheat for bread, but all the whole wheat bread recipes that I have call for milk, oil, and eggs. Which is more of a sandwich bread than an italian bread and honestly, we are having great success on Weight Watchers and I would like to lighten up the bread a smidge by cutting out the milk, oil and eggs.
Do you think I could use the Italian bread recipe with my home ground wheat and have an edible loaf of bread? Maybe I need to mix it 50/50 with the white flour?
Or does anyone have a great whole wheat bread recipe they would like to share?

Good luck with the sourdough bread - May your crust be crunchy and brown and the center be soft and fluffy.

OK breadmakers - I have a question/need advice.

I make a killer Italian Bread. It is definately a favorite at our house. It is a free formed loaf and only has AP flour, yeast, water, sugar, salt and dough enhancer.
I have a grain mill and like to grind wheat for bread, but all the whole wheat bread recipes that I have call for milk, oil, and eggs. Which is more of a sandwich bread than an italian bread and honestly, we are having great success on Weight Watchers and I would like to lighten up the bread a smidge by cutting out the milk, oil and eggs.
Do you think I could use the Italian bread recipe with my home ground wheat and have an edible loaf of bread? Maybe I need to mix it 50/50 with the white flour?
Or does anyone have a great whole wheat bread recipe they would like to share?

I've always cut wheat recipes with 50 50 white flour and wheat. Otherwise you get an excessively dense and heavy loaf that rises as much as your average rock would. You could easily cut out the eggs and milk (substitute water for milk), but I don't see the oil going by the wayside without losing cell elasticity that allows for a really nice rise.

My sourdough has been resting since 4:30 this morning it is now 9:18 am so I guess I will be baking at about (8 hours to rise then another 2-3 for the second rise) so I guess I should be baking my loaf around 2:30 or 3:30. Is the usually how long sourdough takes? Does anyone have a sourdough recipe that does not take this long to end up with a finished product? Hopefully it will turn out as good as Steve the bread guys loaf looked and has the taste to go along with it. Has anyone tried to make bread with quinoa flour?

Back
Top Bottom