WANTED TO SHARE!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by GPN, Oct 22, 2008.

1. GPN

GPN Got Pheasants? Nessia

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I have RIR and Cochins I know I think this one is a cochin and I was surprised to see it when I got home this evening

2. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    CONGRATS!!!

3. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    thought about skipping church tonight to watch ithers but I have to go because we are having a harvest fest. sat and need to finish planning it! so I got leave when the actions is up I guess that best cause the littles need some private time i guess. Oh this is my very first hatch, but thrid bator of eggs

4. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    WOOO HOOO, Looks like a cutie.... Cant wait to see a dry pic of him !!!! [​IMG]

5. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Congrats on the new chickie! Do you know you're supposed to remove the turner on day 18, so the chicks legs don't get caught up in it, as they may get injured? Hoping for lots more chicks for ya. [​IMG]

Jody

6. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    Quote:The gentleman who gave me the bator said to leave turn in and going till first chick hatched and Thats wht I did cause it is my first hatch in a real bator. He is dry so i need to take another pic and i have 5 more pipping

7. youdontknow32

youdontknow32 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    South Western PA
    We remove our eggs on day 18 and place them in another incubator that is at the right temperature already so that they can dry off in the for a day or so, it's dangerous for them to hatch out in the turners.....Good luck with the chicks!

8. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Congrats! I second taking them out of the turner. I almost lost a baby that hatched and got stuck between the rails.

9. GPN

Aug 6, 2008
    Snead, Alabama
    ok ya it my first time and when I read that it should be removed from here I removed it and Now i have dryer pic and am loading them on computer so it will be just a minute or two before I can get them on here

edited for grammer and spelling

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2008
  10. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    rather than take them all out to remove the turner/switch them wouldn't it be easier to just put a cut piece of shelf liner in the bottom on top of the turners???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by