Wanting ornamental pheasant hatching eggs.

If you have the money....just about anything you could want is available. Also, juvenile and breeder pairs. Seeing as your starting out, I would reccomend Lady Amherst, Yellow Goldens, Reeves, Silver, Elliot and of course, the ever present ring necked pheasants. They are in general easy to raise. Learn everything you can about their requirements before moving on to the more demanding species. HTH and Good Luck!

Save your money and buy live birds.In the long run it will be cheaper and you will get what you want,not a chance to get something,which usually never works.
In N.H.,Tony.

I am not starting out i have kept and breed pheasants and other poultry for years. I am trying to work on getting new lines. I got out of ringnecks due to the fact that too many people have them and no one want to pay anything for them around here. I would love juvinile/adult birds but no one has them in my area. Shipping is out of the question now the weather is so warm.

I am not starting out i have kept and breed pheasants and other poultry for years. I am trying to work on getting new lines. I got out of ringnecks due to the fact that too many people have them and no one want to pay anything for them around here. I would love juvinile/adult birds but no one has them in my area. Shipping is out of the question now the weather is so warm.
Sorry, ment no offense! For juvenile or breeding pairs, look on Softbills for Sale, or your local Craigslist. Looking for shipped eggs, try e-Bay. As Tony stated, it's better to get the birds instead of eggs but if you can't find any, then eggs are the way to go.
Being breeding season at this time, adult birds are more than likely not available, eggs on the other hand are readily available.

Sorry, ment no offense! For juvenile or breeding pairs, look on Softbills for Sale, or your local Craigslist. Looking for shipped eggs, try e-Bay. As Tony stated, it's better to get the birds instead of eggs but if you can't find any, then eggs are the way to go.
Being breeding season at this time, adult birds are more than likely not available, eggs on the other hand are readily available.

The problem is that i can find eggs on ebay but i am trying to avoid that route if possible. I would prefer to find someone on here or closer to me first so egfs dont have to travel too far. I have people that are traveling almost 3 hours to get eggs from me. That is how rare they are in my area for breeders. So that is the main reason i am trying to expand asap while i have a monopoly on the market.

The problem is that i can find eggs on ebay but i am trying to avoid that route if possible. I would prefer to find someone on here or closer to me first so egfs dont have to travel too far. I have people that are traveling almost 3 hours to get eggs from me. That is how rare they are in my area for breeders. So that is the main reason i am trying to expand asap while i have a monopoly on the market.

That is the problem many people face "No locals" thus they hit the net in their endeavor and quest.
Not to say everyone does, but some of the BYC'rs (Including me) sell here, on ebay, craigslist so to put those sources (ebay and CL) in a box and call them taboo is not really looking at things from all prospective.
Those egg pumping machines lay daily and I would rather sell them than let them go bad, feed them to the dogs, or live off of egg omelets for breakfast, lunch and dinner...so I sell where ever their is a crowd of buyers.

I know the shipping issue is rather iffy, but when you cant get live birds/chicks....that's your only option if you cant find them local.

Stuart Denton is in Palm City,Miguel Feliciano in Tampa(hi prices),Eugene Goss in St Cloud,Ronald Moore in Baker,And he does list what he has but Father Daniel Kubala in Miami.I believe I purchased an impeyan from him years ago.
In N.H.,Tony.

If you are on facebook at all the groups Endangered Pheasant Breeders of North America, and American Pheasant, Quail, and Peafowl Preservation Society are great for getting in touch with breeders.

Back
Top Bottom