Wanting out of the run!!!

I would set up a dirt bathing area for them -- that always makes them happy (and healthy) and gives them something to do. You could either surround the area with a wood frame, or use a plastic tub. that will occupy a couple of them at a time. Also, if you put it in the sun, they could also do some sun bathing!
cool.png

I like the playground idea. Mine free-range, but seem attracted to whatever junk is in the yard. The farm chickens here have quite an assortment of perches and hidaways in their area.

Try hanging a cabbage on the run. I take a whole head of cabbage, run a stiff wire through it & hang it on a string from the roof of the run. They'll have fun with it for about an hour - that's how long it takes my 8 girls to eat the entire head.

This pic was not in the run, but they love it in the run just as much.

Chickens-2011_09_11-168.jpg

Great ideas!!! My girls also want out of the run, so I'm going to start building a "chicken playground" and such as outlined here.
celebrate.gif

Thank for all the great ideas and I hope they bennefit others as well.

I will think about letting them out just before bedtime, but not sure. I am just really affraid that they will get into the periwinkle before I can get to them since our yard is not very big.

Back
Top Bottom