WAR (what is it good for)

I have to

I agree 100% my family also has been in wars dating back to the English civil war up to Afghanistan which I was a part of in the Marines... They are some good reasons and some reasons that aren't so good... But there is a purpose for them..

Thanks Malcom850er

This post came at an interesting time for me, because as my parents don't have internet access, I am putting together a hard copy to send by snail mail for them of as much as the family tree that I have so far found out. This in turn inspired me to double check my facts and when I went though the American Civil War period a couple of the close extended family (siblings of my 2nd great grandparents) that I had put down as survived had instead died during the conflict. So far of the 14 (grands and sibs) that went to war on behalf of the Union out of Wisconsin, 8 died, 1 survivor was a POW (sib) and 1 died as a POW (grand). I have to believe that these people, on both sides of this conflict, died for something. I for one will never walk through the National Cemeteries and tell them they died for nothing.

Last edited:
I once again agree.. but I have had family walk The Trail of Tears.. now tell them that war meant nothing an they died for nothing... My great great grandfather was a chief of one of the tribes...

Back
Top Bottom