Warning: Adding fan to LG killed my bator! Anyone else?

msdoolittle

Songster
10 Years
Dec 28, 2009
We added the 7200 fan to my LG 9200 bator. As you may know, the fan has these junky little clips that slice through the insulation on the power cord, to meet the wire. Anyway, we did that, I plugged it in, everything was going great (fan is running, heat is going) and then.......not 5 minutes later, the temp was @ 84 degrees. I thought, what????

Messed with the dial, the indicator light was coming on, but I felt the heating element...cool as a cucumber. AAAAAHHHH!!! Fan was still going fine.

So, thinking maybe we compromised the wire in some way, we cut off those junky clips on the fan, bared the ends of the wire and tied the wire into the wire nuts which hold the thermostat/power cord together.

Nothing! It totally killed my thermostat apparently. None of the capacitors or anything looked blown. I do not know what happened!

I returned the bator, as I had only had it for 4 weeks, and just had my husband give the little fan its very own power cord this time. The whole experience freaked me out about the fans, lol.

Has anyone else ever had this happen?

Back
Top Bottom