WARNING GRAPHIC Rooster fight, possibly broken jaw?

He just bawked! So at least he can vocalize and is aware enough to try and tell ladies he found scratch. He won't eat it though. He did tip his head back and drink water I dripped on his beak so he can swallow and has some sugar in him now.
You should probably keep him separate from now on. That rooster shouldn’t need anything special. He’ll be totally fine. It’ll take a few days to a week before he’s back to himself though.

You should probably keep him separate from now on. That rooster shouldn’t need anything special. He’ll be totally fine. It’ll take a few days to a week before he’s back to himself though.

He is apart he just saw treats and got excited. He won't got back out until he eats pellets on his own. We've been meaning to get rid of his brothers so he'll be the only boy in his flock soon.

All encouraging news.

Tomorrow rather than letting him peck at hard food, it might be a good idea to wet his feed down with warm water to an oatmeal consistency. I do this occasionally with my girls.
Even though it’s the same food, they go at it like it’s something special!
Other options are scrambled or hard cooked eggs,
Canned tuna, and yogurt.

He's bright and alert this morning! His swelling is going down a bit, he's walking and talking to me, and he's already trying to eat hard food I think he's going to be just fine. He'll get a few more days of rest and then he'll be back out with his ladies. His brothers are leaving today so he won't have to worry about them again.

Back
Top Bottom