Warning: quail drowning

These are what I use for quail and pheasants for about the 1st week. They are 'drown proof'!! ;)
I also use them for my turkey hatchlings for a few days until they get the drinking down can't beat them in a brooder for a few days to a week no drowning and much less mess from getting things all wet. Only thing they don't work well with is ducklings.

I also use them for my turkey hatchlings for a few days until they get the drinking down can't beat them in a brooder for a few days to a week no drowning and much less mess from getting things all wet. Only thing they don't work well with is ducklings.
I use the same drinkers in my brooder. I've had to resort to elevating it on a platform to keep the little buggers from fouling the water, though. I don't know how they manage to poop in that little trough, but they do.

Attachments

• A017BF61-F51C-4BF5-BE04-606F65929943.png
    A017BF61-F51C-4BF5-BE04-606F65929943.png
    217.7 KB · Views: 1
We raise several thousand bobwhites a year. These are the safest automatic drinkers we have found. We use these for about the first two weeks
62769789-91DA-487F-85AE-B748E7B2BC07.png

Never any drowning with the Quail waterer is very small no way to drown in these.
I used this type of water and didn't add marbles on my first hatch. It was less than 1cm deep. I had a quail drown in it overnight, but I think it was because he had something wrong with him. He was running into walls and couldn't seem to find his way back to the warmth. I doubt he was blind, but he could've been.
RIP Walter 🕊️

If you have a disabled or runty quail you should still add marbles in these. Just a tip :thumbsup

I used this type of water and didn't add marbles on my first hatch. It was less than 1cm deep. I had a quail drown in it overnight, but I think it was because he had something wrong with him. He was running into walls and couldn't seem to find his way back to the warmth. I doubt he was blind, but he could've been.
RIP Walter 🕊️

If you have a disabled or runty quail you should still add marbles in these. Just a tip :thumbsup
You must not be using the quail base because a marble would not fit. You must be using a regular chick base.

Back
Top Bottom