warning to eggbid seller's

People never fail to amaze me in the depths they'll go to. How can they look at those birds that hatch and not be reminded of their dishonesty every time. Really is a hundred dollars worth their peace of mind. Sad

I'm sorry- I'm a born skeptic. If someone had scammed a seller, how would the seller know how that person has scammed others? It is not like Paypal discloses that do they? How would the seller know this person has scammed five others the same way (if a scam even took place)?

I looked up that user ID on Eggbid "freshokra1ynz" just to make sure it is no one who has an auction I am bidding on. That user name does not even exist on Eggbid. I then went to the person that posted the ad (not sure if it is the OP here or if they were just passing this along). Anyway, looking through that person's feedback, no one with a name even remotely similar has won one of their auctions. They haven't even sold any eggs in over a year.

How do we know what the truth is? It is frustrating because for every buyer that is a crook, there is a seller that is a thief.

LOL, okay I have done some internet detective work to see what the true story is since I had nothing better to do tonight. This is about a transaction from Ebay. The buyer is not registered on Eggbid or Ovabid. The buyer in question, "freshokra1ynz", has 100% positive feedback. The seller does not.

This seller even left the buyer positive feedback and offered in the feedback to give a full refund. Why would a buyer agree to 50% (less than what the seller offered) if they were scamming? That makes no sense. Neither does it makes sense that they have 100% positive feedback if they are ripping people off. Where are the other supposed sellers the post on Eggbid alludes to? Sounds like a bunch of bull to me.

Don't believe everything you read on the internet! Seems like retaliation on the part of the seller to me personally!

Wow, that's great dective work. But I believe sellers are no longer allowed to leave negative feedback on Ebay. So it is possible that the buyer would have 100% positive feedback and still be scamming.

well i looked on ebay also i see a big big pattern there they have bought from 2 people mostly to get good feedback but if you look every time but once they bought eggs they leave negative feedback or they got money back or alot more eggs than they bought because they said they were broke or lost i think it looks bad for the seller that sells this person eggs. Now on the last couple of auctions looks like they hooked a good seller with leaving negative feedback for him and he had 154 postives and 3 negatives 2 was from that buyer and one was from looks like to me a newbie on ebay and gave wrong address and got their money back but if i sold eggs on ebay i would not let this person bid on any of my eggs just my two cents worth

OMG! You guys are right. I rescind what I said. The buyer looks like a nightmare to deal with (not that this necessarily changes anything about the seller). The seller has had three negative in the last year (two from this lady) and quite a few more over their time on Ebay. It looks like they have threatened buyers before that have left negative feedback.

That buyer looks very difficult to deal with though. They have complained a lot about broken eggs. As always, the truth about what happened is probably somewhere between the two stories. LOL They might *both* be difficult people. When two difficult to deal with people have a bad transaction, things like the post on Eggbid happen. I am not saying that is a fact, it is just conjecture on my part.

Anyway, no matter what site it is- there are always complaints about how feedback is handled. I wish there was some fair way to handle it like with mediators of something, but what site could afford to do that.

At any rate, I am sorry for thinking/making it look like the seller was at fault. I should have looked even deeper.

Some sellers don't like to sell to buyers with zero feedback. It is about the individual seller, not any particular site (my opinion). There are sellers on any and every site that don't like selling to buyers with no feedback.

To me personally, it is not that big of a deal. I wouldn't want to penalize someone just starting out simply because there are some crooks out there. It seems fairly easy to me to just email the buyer and try to get a feel for whether they are serious or not and on the "up and up". That is just my perspective though. I think every seller has a right to do their auctions how they want to.

There is no way I would read a message like that and assume the person referred to was a "scam artist". It is easy to lie online. How do I know anything about the person posting the warning? It would be pretty easy to pick anyone I wanted and start spreading rumors about their dishonest practices. People need to stop believing everything they read.

Back
Top Bottom