Warning to perspective first-time emu owners!

Ahhhh how lovely, does it not make you feel good ehhh ?

My 1 of 3 rheas eggs hatched... She was screaming all the time, unless I took her out in my pocket to see to all my animals......total silence...next day a bantam chick hached, problem solved lol
She is now 8 and too big for my pocket lol but still loves a daily hug.

Ahhhh how lovely, does it not make you feel good ehhh ?

My 1 of 3 rheas eggs hatched... She was screaming all the time, unless I took her out in my pocket to see to all my animals......total silence...next day a bantam chick hached, problem solved lol
She is now 8 and too big for my pocket lol but still loves a daily hug.

How long did she and the bantam hang out? Did she ever figure out she was bigger than her friend?

I would never mix any other Animals with my Emus, they are ad-libbers and if you leave food for them, others would scoff it...I had 3 Shetlands, Sheep, Pigs,they were fine with the Rheas and Llamas grazing daytime, but at night and early morning they get fed on their own...and as for barbed wire, OUCH...a recipe for disaster...it's not fair on this little Darling Emus.
My 40+ Pygmy Goats occupid a separate field adjacent the all other Animals.

Emus is only for a very chosen few...I turned loads away, at the beginning,because they were totally unsuitable for them....just keeping up with the Jonses, or must have one of them ?

Last edited:
Just gonna type for the fun of it
got four emus here
it's autumn. mating season

Felicity rules

Number One, her sister, has turned up with a consort, a runty little male -- but it's the first time she (may) have mated. It was fun to see this bird get its first ever wheat.

And another female is here -- 'Emu Emu.' Identification is not possible but I am sure enough that this bird has been here before. It ate from my hand, and it came into the back yard.

Could it be Alpha or Omega? Eric's chicks from a couple of years ago?

Anyway, all four birds -- and there will be others shortly cause my 8th fig season here is about to start -- are running and foomphing and plotting and scheming.

se

Back
Top Bottom