!!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!

My poor TSC have their hands full with chicks. The staff (at least the regular ones, not managers) obviously don’t get any sort of heads up on quantity or shown a little something about breeds. They keep getting large quantities of a variety of breeds before they’ve even sold the last batch and have to make make-shift accommodations in the back (ie giant cardboard boxes instead of the usual metal tubs). Last week they got in something like six different breeds and ducks, and still had 2-3 breeds on the floor. I did benefit from that ;) They had Americana, CAWhite, Australorp, and Buff Orps all in together and one sign listing them. This week the sign is up front with presumably these chicks. And I swear there are still a few Light Brahma! There are clearly no more Australorp in there, and I’m dubious on the Americana. Also the Welsummer and ISAs are mixed up. They also got more chicks in this week, at least 3 breeds. I don’t have a reason to be taken in the back, but I can here lots of peeping! Basically, there is gonna be a lot of customers getting mixed up breeds and I can see how the staff can’t keep up with the breeds. I think I mentioned before, if they don’t get the training at work, I do not expect anyone to go home after work and look up chicken breeds!!

The chicks seem healthy at my local TSC. However, with my one purchase there of 4 chicks the breeds they claimed to be was incorrect on all 4! They try but are woefully uninformed as to breed identification, but then so was I at the time.

Yeah, definitely arm yourself with knowledge before you go in! Call to see what breeds they (think they) have, poke around on the ‘net, then go look. While they don’t let you handle the chicks directly, it sounds like more TSCs than not will at least let you pick which ones.

If you buy chicks from tractor supply BE CARFUL! Inspect each chick carefully!!! They never get me the right breeds and all the chicks are always half dead when i get them. So make sure to look up the breed and compare. I find everyone at my Tractor supply is very very lazy! The chicks never have enough food or water. They always have pasty butt! Then they wonder why the chicks die! Give me your thoughts on your local tractor supply or feed store.
I bought 7 babies from TS 5 died! I noticed 1 before I left the store and they refused to exchange or offer any kind of replacement, credit... this will never happen again

How did the other 4 die? Did you complain or speak to the manager? Were they sick or injured? I bought 12 and they are still doing great at 9 and 13 weeks. I am sorry for your loss. Not all TS are the same, apparently, but the manager should do something.

I’ve always had a perfectly fine experience with My TSC, the chicks I pick up are always full on food and water and are always healthy, I just bought a silver laced Wyandotte chick and a Pekin Duckling.... both very healthy and happy. I wonder if it’s just your employees🧐? Maybe it’s just a bad job on their part.🤷🏼‍♀️

I think our TSC does a good job with their chicks. It's never overcrowded in the brooders and the heat lamps are in the correct place, the temperature is right, and the food and water is clean. Only two had pasty butt out of all of them when I went last time.

Back
Top Bottom