Was a nail biter, but my order from Meyer arrived this afternoon

Oh the Golden Cuckoos are so pretty! Do you have photos?

I believe I have 2 White Cochins, 2 BCM's (feathered legs), 2 (blue) Cuckoo Marans (feathered legs) and then I'm not sure.

I have two more light grey chicks with clean, blue legs (Andalusians?) and another med/dark silver chick with clean blue legs and pink toes that is absolutely glorious. It may also be an Andalusian, but it's very calm. And all three of the mystery grays are pretty bulky, but no leg feathering. Maybe Green Queens? I really don't know.

The last one, I think, is a barred rock. It may be a special barred rock. I hope it is and winds up looking like MysteryChicken's .

The little Exchequer healed up well and is back in the brooder with the others. Although, life being as it is, last night I accidentally stepped on the toes of my 2mo leghorn pullet when I was trying to get her back into her run. She's limping today. I feel terrible.

Attachments

• The Ladies.jpg
    The Ladies.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 17
Oh the Golden Cuckoos are so pretty! Do you have photos?

I believe I have 2 White Cochins, 2 BCM's (feathered legs), 2 (blue) Cuckoo Marans (feathered legs) and then I'm not sure.

I have two more light grey chicks with clean, blue legs (Andalusians?) and another med/dark silver chick with clean blue legs and pink toes that is absolutely glorious. It may also be an Andalusian, but it's very calm. And all three of the mystery grays are pretty bulky, but no leg feathering. Maybe Green Queens? I really don't know.

The last one, I think, is a barred rock. It may be a special barred rock. I hope it is and winds up looking like MysteryChicken's .

The little Exchequer healed up well and is back in the brooder with the others. Although, life being as it is, last night I accidentally stepped on the toes of my 2mo leghorn pullet when I was trying to get her back into her run. She's limping today. I feel terrible.

Attachments

• The Ladies.jpg
    The Ladies.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 17
Meyers is just too expensive. I haven't ordered any but Ideal is the only place in my price range.
Some of the chicks from Meyer are in the $4-$5 range! Their specialty breed prices are up there…but having sexed bantams I am contemplating an order with them next year including a couple of them!

Some of the chicks from Meyer are in the $4-$5 range! Their specialty breed prices are up there…but having sexed bantams I am contemplating an order with them next year including a couple of them!
I only raise Bantams, and even their straight run are $7 - $8 dollars. Females are $20!

That is high for straight run…but I’m sure people would pay $20 for guaranteed bantam pullets since they are extremely hard to find!

Cackle has a few sexed bantams. Some colors of their cochin and oeg, also buff brahma, dominiques, and barred rocks are sexed.
There is a minimum of 5 of each breed though. They also have a hatchery choice bantam deal of 5 or 10 pullets.
I've never purchased any of these, so I don't know how accurate their gender is.

Back
Top Bottom