Was a nail biter, but my order from Meyer arrived this afternoon

I know. I read that when I ordered, however I contacted Meyer yesterday and was told - direct quote

"They can be banded, but they aren't always banded with assortments"

So, I could have anything.
Oh, okay.

Well it actually makes sense to not band an assortment, since it's kind of a surprise.

Oh, okay.

Well it actually makes sense to not band an assortment, since it's kind of a surprise.
I suppose, although I would have thought they'd be banded after being sexed but before going into their little bins, you know? Then they'd just get pulled from the bins - banded - to fill the assortment orders after the specific orders had been fulfilled.

I have no idea. I'm very confused. I had banked on the bands to help me figure out what I had and didn't have.

I'm so sorry about your Brahma. I had actually wanted to buy a Buff Brahma from Meyer, but they were sold out. They're so beautiful.

We have a weather gauge in our backyard. Last week, it went up to 100, but the humidity is so high here (it was around 70%), that our "feels like" was 127.

Our coop is connected to a predator proof large run, so at night I leave the coop windows open (1/2" hardware cloth over them) as well as their door to the run, so they can roost in the run if they'd like. I let them out to free range at about 9am. They have tree cover and various raised platforms in their pasture that they can go under. Mainly they stick by the coop and only venture wider when a cloud passes giving them some additional shade. My EE's are the first to feel the heat. Yesterday, my California White had her wings outstretched. It's hot.
Thank you!❤️

I suppose, although I would have thought they'd be banded after being sexed but before going into their little bins, you know? Then they'd just get pulled from the bins - banded - to fill the assortment orders after the specific orders had been fulfilled.

I have no idea. I'm very confused. I had banked on the bands to help me figure out what I had and didn't have.
It could also lessen the hassle of having to band every rare breed separately from the assortment, & only just for single orders.

Pictures! Please. I had read the reviews and knew egg size was a problem, but they are so incredibly pretty... I couldn't resist.
Her name is Spunk.

Attachments

• 72E89F6D-6069-4224-9F25-7F6C9B1E30F4.jpeg
    72E89F6D-6069-4224-9F25-7F6C9B1E30F4.jpeg
    913.1 KB · Views: 14
  • 495DCB09-D65E-4D98-AF25-A201C69D313C.jpeg
    495DCB09-D65E-4D98-AF25-A201C69D313C.jpeg
    408.9 KB · Views: 13
  • 9B4E2CC9-31D7-4F85-91C4-5CC52627C768.jpeg
    9B4E2CC9-31D7-4F85-91C4-5CC52627C768.jpeg
    532 KB · Views: 14
  • 29D5711E-4751-472E-9806-DB3A2D90F5FF.jpeg
    29D5711E-4751-472E-9806-DB3A2D90F5FF.jpeg
    608.3 KB · Views: 14
  • CF59AF06-BDBB-42CD-B686-F1A18BE5DC96.jpeg
    CF59AF06-BDBB-42CD-B686-F1A18BE5DC96.jpeg
    651.9 KB · Views: 15
Her name is Spunk.
She's gorgeous!!! Thank you so much! I hope mine are half as pretty. You have no idea how tempted I was to get a little roo with the pullets. I kept trying to sell my husband on the idea... No deal, but if one of the 5 turns out to be a roo, I won't be upset.

I have a 6yr old Mille Fleur D'uccle named Spunky. She's no longer laying. Hoover's Hatchery quality. Beardless.
View attachment 2829939
Lovely! If I could have a bantam it would be a Mille Fleur D'uccle. Bucket list.

Last edited:
She's gorgeous!!! Thank you so much! I hope mine are half as pretty.

Lovely! If I could have a bantam it would be a Mille Fleur D'uccle. Bucket list.
Thanks.

We're going to be getting rid of our Bantams, except for the elders, & a select few.

Gorgeous!!!!!

Oh boy. Was she beautiful, though? Gosh, I can't imagine. I have an EE named Sarah that honks incessantly and both of my roosters (Black Copper and Blue Cuckoo) crow 24/7, but I can't imagine a screamer. My Blue Copper hen is very sweet and quiet. Thinking about it, I've never heard a peep from her.

Apparently, Meyer doesn't necessarily band any of them in the assortment. I thought they did so I made of a list of what I definitely didn't have (the banded birds) - it means nothing now.

Pictures! Please. I had read the reviews and knew egg size was a problem, but they are so incredibly pretty... I couldn't resist.
She definitely was beautiful and a sweet bird. That's why I kept her for
over a year. But the constant screaming, for no reason, just became
unbearable. She's on a farm now, where she can scream all she wants. Her new owner doesn't care.

That's the down side of buying an assortment.

Back
Top Bottom