WAS OR IS MY CHICK CHOKING URGENT

OFWGKTA

Chirping
Dec 27, 2023
My babies were eating and one baby randomly started moving her neck alot i picked her up and apart of her neck was kind of twisted to the side but its normal now and now she is puffed up and has one eye open and one closed she is also sneezing alot but idk if that has to do with anything idk if she is adjusting her crop pls help
20240219_161909.jpg

What could she have eaten?
She was eating purina start and grow food. Thats all i have given them today. They ran out and i didnt know because i was at school & went out so they hadnt had food all day, so when i refilled it they went crazy for it. Could she might have eaten it too quickly? I checked her mouth before i made the post and there wasnt anything but when u told me to check she just wouldnt let me open it as she kept flapping around, she doesnt seem to have any food in there though, i felt her neck and crop

She was eating purina start and grow food. Thats all i have given them today. They ran out and i didnt know because i was at school & went out so they hadnt had food all day, so when i refilled it they went crazy for it. Could she might have eaten it too quickly? I checked her mouth before i made the post and there wasnt anything but when u told me to check she just wouldnt let me open it as she kept flapping around, she doesnt seem to have any food in there though, i felt her neck and crop
How's she doing now? Make sure she has water to drink. Yes, she could've eaten it too quickly and just needs a little time.

Honestly no, i genuinley thought grit was like an add on treat for big chickens but i can crush some of my chickens grit up & give them some if that helps them
So grit is crushed rocks (usually granite if you buy it for chickens; not to be confused with crushed oyster shell) and it is necessary for chickens. Since they don't have teeth, grit grinds down the food they swallow in the gizzard. Now if you are feeding chicks nothing but chick starter they probably don't need grit since the grains are finely ground, but if they eat anything else they should have it available at all times. You need the chick size grit for young birds.

Back
Top Bottom