Was this egg fertile? Several eggs not developing.

RaeElizabeth

Songster
May 3, 2020
I had eggs shipped overnight from about 2.5 hours away, 3 different breeds. 7 of the eggs I see absolutely no development in. As some of you have seen I have been having issues with the nurture right but I’m also using two other incubators that consistently give me near perfect hatch rates. I honestly don’t recall if these 7 eggs have been in one incubator the whole time or I’ve moved them around because I stopped using the center of the nurture right. As of right now only 1 of the non developing eggs is actually in that unit. The others are in my other smaller reliable units. Anyway… I cracked one open today. Does this look fertilized? Did it start to develop and then stop. No air cells were detatched. This is day 4/5 of incubation. I’ve hatched shipped eggs before which took a much longer journey, so it seems that shipment would be an unlikely reason for this many with issues.

Attachments

• F4104722-FB9C-47D6-9D52-32D4C06D73DC.jpeg
    F4104722-FB9C-47D6-9D52-32D4C06D73DC.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 31
Sometimes with shipped eggs you can’t see anything for 7 days as they tend to be more in the middle then close to the sides
I just had 18 eggs in my bator
At day 4 I thought I only had 2-3 eggs starting
By day 7-8 I could tell there was blood rings but never even knew they had started
My eggs took 1 week and were delayed over a weekend in below freezing temps
They all quit by day 9-10
But only 5 never started so 13 did
I had no idea
With my eggs I can tell in 24 hours
This really threw me off
I wouldn’t be tossing any eggs before day 10 with shipped eggs

Back
Top Bottom