Was wondering what types of chickens i have? also what color eggs they will lay?

Crystalsiles

Hatching
Jan 27, 2021
Can you help me figure out what type of chickens i have and only know of the one in way back of picture to be female cause she laid eggs the ones closer up had not yet and don't even know how to tell if there male or female.

Attachments

• 20210118_114253.jpg
    20210118_114253.jpg
    596.1 KB · Views: 24
I know nothing about chicken breeds except for the ones we own, but you sure have cute birds! They are all so adorable!
I learned a general rule of thumb to tell egg colors by the color of their ear lopes! Red lopes indicate brown (or shades of brown) eggs, blue/green ear lopes indicate blue eggs. According to an article in Cornell Ornithology magazine: there are only two color pigments for eggs for ALL birds - brown and blue. Birds' egg colors can be anything in between or white. And the patterns can be marble, speckle, swirl, splash!

All females.
Black bantam cochin
White frizzle bantam cochin
Red frizzle bantam cochin
Going with speckled sussex on the other one although the pattern is off.
Left to right, you have a black cochin, white frizzle cochin, red frizzle cochin, and a speckled sussex. All are hens and all lay cream-tan colored eggs.
1 smooth bantam Cochin, 2 frizzled bantam Cochins, and a SS. All pullets and all will lay a light creamy brown egg.
You have all taken the thoughts right out of my mind.

Back
Top Bottom