washed eggs storage oops

Cluckatar

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 12, 2009
Vashon, WA
We had a mishap last night... eggs washed and put in the cooler yesterday for a customer weren't picked up. When I asked my kiddo to bring them in for the night, I forgot to say "put them in the fridge" and her default is eggs store on the counter. So, I have washed eggs that sat out overnight in a kitchen that was unseasonably 68 degrees this morning. Should I dispose of these eggs? I don't feel quite right selling them now but I'm not sure.

If the cooler and counter are bacteria free then what's to worry? Get them into the fridge.

A larger concern is washing eggs with too cool of water temperature. That is when bacteria on the egg is sucked into it.

If the cooler and counter are bacteria free then what's to worry? Get them into the fridge.

A larger concern is washing eggs with too cool of water temperature. That is when bacteria on the egg is sucked into it.
Hi. Can you elaborate more on "bacteria on the egg is sucked I to it" please? I'm not familiar with this issue and would like to learn more.

Back
Top Bottom