Washing a dog...... HELP

Chickenlover2009

Songster
Jul 27, 2022
Help! I want to wash my dog. She hates water and is scared of the showerhead. I don't want.her to hate me for washing her but she really needs a bath!

Help! I want to wash my dog. She hates water and is scared of the showerhead. I don't want.her to hate me for washing her but she really needs a bath!
My dog hates baths to. But he never learns to hate me because I give them. Your dog likely will not come to hate you for it. Especially if you give her a treate afterward.

I typically have to tie my dog down to bathe him.

I have a small/medium sized dog. I put a few inches of water and soap in a tote on my back porch so I can stand next to it and put my dog down in it. She’s doesn’t WANT to be in there, but I’ve found it’s a lot less stressful than doing it in the shower with the water running and all that. I sit her down and start petting her a lot so she gets excited then I start scooping water onto her. She doesn’t realize she’s getting a bath, just lots of love. Once I’ve got her all soapy, I use the hose on shower and spray where I’m petting her.

I’ve done it two or three times this way, and now she’s gets excited when I grab the tote.

I have a small/medium sized dog. I put a few inches of water and soap in a tote on my back porch so I can stand next to it and put my dog down in it. She’s doesn’t WANT to be in there, but I’ve found it’s a lot less stressful than doing it in the shower with the water running and all that. I sit her down and start petting her a lot so she gets excited then I start scooping water onto her. She doesn’t realize she’s getting a bath, just lots of love. Once I’ve got her all soapy, I use the hose on shower and spray where I’m petting her.

I’ve done it two or three times this way, and now she’s gets excited when I grab the tote.
This. we use a small stock tub (black plastic thing the size of an ice chest) to bathe ours. She's not as stressed as she uesd to be in the shower. She's insane though. She'll attack the hose and play inthe chicken's pool all day with no problems but won't sit still for a proper bath.

Back
Top Bottom