Washington Laws?

That all depends on the city. Where I am you can have 3 but in the town next door they don't allow them at all.

If you're buying a house I think you can ask a realtor about the ordinances, otherwise you just have to try and search the city and find ordinances.

What county/city are you moving to? You could go ask on the Washington thread in the where am I where are you section if you haven't already done that. Someone there may live in the area you're moving to and be able to give you that information.

ETA: You'll still need to check and see if there are any covenents in your new neighborhood since sometimes it's legal in a town but some of the neighborhoods have covenents preventing livestock, etc. from being kept on the property.

Last edited:
We are moving to Bucoda... lol. Its between Tenino and Centralia. I really don't think they will care, people keep minis (horses) in their front yard haha. And we would be renting, so we would still have to clean it through them. My fiance doesn't want chickens again, our bantams that we got this spring recently got eaten by a mink we have seen wandering the property. He was really upset... it was kinda cute
smile.png

I don't remember anybody being form Bucoda on the WA thread, but I haven't been on there for awhile either. If you want some barnyard mix (Mostly DP brown egg layers, but some EE too) let me know. I have a bunch of youngsters that are out of the brooder but won't be laying until around August. I would think you would be safe in Bucoda, but still better to be sure before you get a new flock.

We aren't moving till around July, maybe August or later and have a ton of work to do before we could get chickens
sad.png
(build a fence for our mutt, coop, run etc) but I will send you a pm when I know more about moving times and such. How much would you ask for them? The fiance is a little wary too because the neighbors have a ton of semi-feral cats... I will convince him though
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom