Washington State is now represented :D

Skyfire

Chirping
Feb 9, 2015
Hello, all. My name is Camlin. My husband and I live in Bothell. We are a 40 something couple. Kids are grown and out of the house. We have no pets. In a couple of months, I will be a devoted momma to an American Buff baby gosling. Learning about house geese pets such as Oliver the Goose, inspired me to research the possibility of having an indoor pet goose too. After putting forth due diligence researching which breed would the best fit for us, I have chosen the American buff. I feel really lucky to live in the region I do. There is a waterfowl farm on Bainbridge Island that breeds them which means I will pick my baby up right from the farm so it doesn't have to go through the trauma of shipping. I also found an exotic animal vet/boarding clinic in Bothell, less than ten miles from where I live. I am so grateful to have found this site. I'm learning so much. By the time my gosling is ready to come home with me, I will be fully prepared with everything he needs. April can't come soon enough!

Welcome to BYC! I
frow.gif
I'm glad you joined our "flock"

Good luck with your goose! The American Buff really is a beautiful breed of goose. If I ever had geese, I might have had some of them.

Will you be getting him diapers? Some folks make and sell them on the BYC, buy, sell, trade forum. I know they have chicken & duck diapers, I would suppose geese as well.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Definitely stop by our Other Poultry section in the Learning Center to care for your bird. Michael has left you with the link.

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Thank you for the warm welcome. I ordered a deluxe open tail diaper harness and Grow With Me diaper harness from PartyFowl. I read many great things here about Nettie's work. I'm going to try hand making additional ones on my sewing machine.

Back
Top Bottom