Washington State Poultry Show's

I don't know what time we will get there, we are driving over from Ephrata. But it will be early. I can't wait. This is our first chicken show!
jumpy.gif
I will be looking at everyone waring tan, so I'll find you Countrygirlcleelum (I hope)! You can't miss me, I'm the beautiful old lady.
big_smile.png
I'll put a tag on saying "Jeri BYC".

Yes, We were there. It was very interesting. The birds were beautiful! Met some of the judges. Talked to some people from a bird club. But did not see anyone from BYC. Very disappointed. I wore a tag saying Jeri-BYC. We arrived about 9:30 and went through the show. Then we went and saw some of the other things at the fair grounds and came back and walked through the show again. We met several people but not one from BYC.
sad.png

We met one man from BYC who was buying some birds from a friend, I didnt see you! Christina had her BYC shirt on and I had my black Kasey Kahne hoodie on. I swear I never saw anyone with a name tag and I was watching too LOL We were there from about 8:30 to about 4:50-5:00 then went up to Skagit CO to pick up my kids and then back home I didnt get home till 10:00!
Ok next time we will have to exchange numbers and call at the show, I spent alot of time around the Cochins, as my boy was there strutting his stuff, I bought some call ducks and some call duck eggs.

Will you be going to the one April 19-20?

We where there, I didnt see any Byc'ers...

Did see sooo many nice birds...
and even bought a lovely Bantam Roo fo rmy Frizzle girl
tongue.png

Maybe we can get together at the next show

Chicknut

I will be at the April 19-20 show I will probably bring my Barred Rock hen, Wheatan Ameraucana hen, Frizzle Rhode Island Red hen, and my Blue Wyandotte hen. I've never shown at an APA show before. I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is like. The only show I've been to was a small 4-H show in Corvallis and did showmanship and conformation.
Thanks,
AJ

Chicknut you must of got cheryls roo. He was a handsom boy!!
Yeppers, I didnt know much of anyone, Christina was wearing her BYC shirt though, the tan ones they first came out with. I was handing out Ovabid.com Magnets and setting them around the place too.

Sucks hopefully we can set a time to meet up next time

Stevenson is by the Cascade Lockes. It is a tiny town with 1 store and a pizza place. The whole town has wireless internet. The people are really friendly.
Aj, the APA show is divided into classes of breeds, like the American class has most of the dual purpose breeds like RIR, wyandotte, rocks, etc. The APA judges are alot tougher on birds than 4-H judges are. The shows are generally lots of fun, at Stevenson there is a small river that runs into the columbia river and it is lots of fun to wander the fair grounds, there are normally canadian goslings everywhere at that time of year. Thats all I can think to say about APA shows right now.

I'm hoping to make it to the PNPA Spring Show- who else is going? I hope it's a good show because I will be driving a bit to get there, and won't be showing. I hope some of my fellow byc'ers will be there!

Back
Top Bottom