Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

This is a pretty standard, light brown egg that many, many of our breeds lay, including Cochins, Rocks, Buckeyes, and Jersey Giants.
To name but a few.
Some see this as "pink"....oldsters do not.
It is called a light brown egg.
And very nice ones, to boot !
wink.png

That's pretty much what I was getting at. Nothing special about their egg color. There's an old misunderstanding about the Langshan and people want to breed it for a pin/plum/purple cast depending on who you talk to, and that's just a mistake and could very easily destroy the breed if people start trying to breed for some weird egg color rather than the other aspects of the breed.

HOW SAD! I'm supposedly allergic to eggs too, but seem to tolerate my eggs fine! I REALLY wish I lived closer as you seem to have wonderful birds! I'm sure you'll have no problem re-homing them!
I was tested , at great expense, to just about everything, and after $1K of testing, there was nothing except a """Borderline""" on eggs, not even a "full" histamine reaction.
Mind you all newbies, I have Celiac disease, and various other issues due to the wonderful immunal system, not limited to but including, Raymaud's Syndrom, Addison's and Hashimoto's Syndrom, all the above plus more usually hits on Lupus, but no...then after derma grafica, "they" thought I had sclero-derma...so far for the last 3 decades, my immunal system has some-what behaved itself.
Mind you, "this" has gone on ALL MY LIFE.
I LOATH having to take prednisone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So best behave and not kick the hornets nest...ha ha.

That's pretty much what I was getting at. Nothing special about their egg color. There's an old misunderstanding about the Langshan and people want to breed it for a pin/plum/purple cast depending on who you talk to, and that's just a mistake and could very easily destroy the breed if people start trying to breed for some weird egg color rather than the other aspects of the breed.
ha ha Matt, I have 2 old Cuckoo Marans girls who routinely lay a plumb cast egg~
And it is not desirable in the Marans Hoity-Toity group either !

Seriously, look at the marans threads ! Not only all they all a flutter about TYPE but also egg color...an impossible combo !

Last edited:
I was tested , at great expense, to just about everything, and after $1K of testing, there was nothing except a """Borderline""" on eggs, not even a "full" histamine reaction.
Mind you all newbies, I have Celiac disease, and various other issues due to the wonderful immunal system, not limited to but including, Raymaud's Syndrom, Addison's and Hashimoto's Syndrom, all the above plus more usually hits on Lupus, but no...then after derma grafica, "they" thought I had sclero-derma...so far for the last 3 decades, my immunal system has some-what behaved itself.
Mind you, "this" has gone on ALL MY LIFE.
I LOATH having to take prednisone !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So best behave and not kick the hornets nest...ha ha.

That sucks, hopefully you'll find something that helps even a bit. Kicking hornet's nests is no fun, so yes behave (although where's the fun in that? LOL)

That sucks, hopefully you'll find something that helps even a bit. Kicking hornet's nests is no fun, so yes behave (although where's the fun in that? LOL)
HEY You have Buff Leghorns ?
My pal Monte has some awesome Buff Leghorns ! Gorgeous !
wink.png

Well I guess I better go finsih dinner as Einstein is hungry & roaming the kitchen...BYE GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
HEY You have Buff Leghorns ?
My pal Monte has some awesome Buff Leghorns ! Gorgeous !
wink.png

Well I guess I better go finsih dinner as Einstein is hungry & roaming the kitchen...BYE GUYS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just starting with them it took me forever to find some. Now I hear second hand from my buddy Jim (after I got some of course)there's another guy here in Battle Ground that has some really good ones but doesn't show, that isn't your friend Monte is it? Wish I had the Battle Ground guys info.

Take it easy!

HI HINOTORI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:hugs

HI! We were on the road. I can't type very well in the truck.

Sorry to hear about your allergy. You started naming off stuff and I almost went "Mom is that you?" But she doesn't have quite so many issues. I know it's tough living with those things.

Is the house all the way done?

Hey Folks, we are looking to rehome two of our girls. We've decided to go with a flock of all larger birds, so our two buff brahma banties would likely be better off as someone's beloved backyard ornaments. They're just about six months old right now. They're both spoiled and will eat from your hand.

We're near Port Townsend, and I don't want to stress them out with a long drive so my preference is for them to go to someone on the Olympic Peninsula or nearby. 
Hi, I live in Battle Ground. About 2 hours from you. Do you think that is too far of s trips for your sweeties?

Back
Top Bottom