Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

My 2 girls are limping.
hit.gif

Moe is limping especially by late afternoon.
Joe has a complete break as the bone is bent to the right.
Can't hold weight.
Joe is in ICU with a splint in hopes that she will grow and heal.
Moe wants out so she is walking with the boy Curly all day. She limps by late afternoon.
They both got their legs caught in the door jam when it was opening in the morning. I've since fixed it but I only have 3 ducks left from 7 due to cyotes and hawks.
2 girls are down, one boy left.If I cull I will have to get rid of all 3, including the boy, and start over next spring. Just when I got them to the color I really like.
th.gif
duc.gif
WTH is going on ??????????????????????????
hugs.gif

Anybody out there have had luck grafting fruit trees???
Rain tree has root stock for about $3 each. It sounds fun.
thumbsup.gif

Im thinking of getting a few plum and persimmon whips for some plout and persimmon grafts.
Im also interested in fuzzy kiwi propagation. Anyone with a clue on that one?
I want Kiwis and persimoms too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ya.gif

Hi Deidra,
frow.gif

I planted Izu and Saijo this year and Siajo actually leaved out quite early.
Out of a first year twig from raintree, I actually got 2 fruits.
Izu on the other hand never got a chance. I dragged a hose too close to it and snap
hit.gif

So from what was left of the root stock, I grafted a Jiro onto it. Will see.

Here is my theory for the early leaf out.
I planted Saijo in the compost pile. Nice & hot.
I planted Izu in regular dirt. Too cold.
So next year, I plan to compost next to it again. I'm thinking its root heat that it needs.
cool.png

But to have a good experiment going, I need more plants.
wee.gif

So I ordered a few coffee cakes, izus and saijo cuttings from UC Davis and will order some root stock from Raintree.

Now I wait till spring ...
pop.gif
Tell me which do best, but I am sure our weather will be once again WEIRD, and maybe my clime is a bit more stable & warm here~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~But please let me know !

Snow shall be here tomorrow or the next day. Are you guys prepared for winter and what do you do to prepare? Also what things change about daily care in the winter. Sorry I'm a soon to be first timer and just want to know as much as I can to have happy healthy birds haha
I get my indoor water fonts ready and installed, which in every coop can be a Folger's Plastic Coffee can (drill a hole in the handle) and hang.
Here on the Coast, water will not freeze inside the coop.
I do not heat my coops but I do have them insulated, the reason being is COLD walls attract a great amount of condensation which I have found to grow some nasty moulds...........EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW, not nice for me nor my birds.
Windows are closed to 2", rather than fully open, and we pay attention to which way the storms blow here off the Pacific.
Pen netting is either removed or strengthened for winter's ice storms and snow loads.

Will send out emails to them to and talking to all show secretaries. We haven't had a district director up here for a while (District 1 is WA, OR, ID, MT and AK) and since I'm stepping into that role, just trying to get a feel for how many folks out there have them.
I have both breeders directories if you want me to look that up for you.
I have already bugged the SPPA sect and asked for extra bulletins to set up a booth at shows out here & got NADA as a response.

Will send out emails to them to and talking to all show secretaries. We haven't had a district director up here for a while (District 1 is WA, OR, ID, MT and AK) and since I'm stepping into that role, just trying to get a feel for how many folks out there have them.
I sent a message to Monte, want me to ask Chuck too ?

Back
Top Bottom