Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Silver Cuckoo Pullets, only 3 mo old, in a separate growing out pen from the cockerels:

Far far pullet above is NOT one of the SCM pullets, as is not the middle little one, they are part of the Crele Chantecler (Albertan) project.

Last edited:
Did I show you guys the Bielefelders growing out ?

These birds are so orgeous, and so tame.
They seem to look right at me & imprint as a duck or goose will, and though bright and observant to predators, and the cockerels very very protective of the pullets, I can stoop and pick one right up.
Love their giant dark brown eggs, too, a plus.

[/IMG]

I am looking for homes for two roosters!! 1 is a sweet Banty Frizzle and one is an Easter egger. Both hatched in the beginning of April, they were purchased from local Wilco.

Royce is in Granite Falls, as is a few others; Diane Pagel is in Carnation, WA4-HPoultryMom is in Monroe.
There is alot of us around Snohomish.
A good idea is to contact Washington Feather Fanciers and leave a e-mail asking your question, and they will get back to you.

On FB:
https://www.facebook.com/WashingtonFeatherFanciers

Here is another link cuz the main web site is frozen right now:

http://www.poultryshowcentral.com/Washington_Feather_Fanciers_Brisk.html

But you can contact Mike Dooms as shown.
I'm not looking for eggs or chicks. Already got my hands full.

Tonight is a busy night. After seeing my hens be constantly harassed (and running away from every roo but one) we are butchering all of the roo's but one BR and two banty roos who actually protect the hens. The other roos are very aggressive and the hens will not eat near them at all.

Tonight we have four going to freezer camp and that is after already sending five to freezer camp. My final count was off. Out of 20 chicks 7 were hens, the silkie we don't know what he/she was.

On a side note and it is a secret here at home but I can tell you guys, we are getting four silkie chicks for my daughter to raise on the 23rd. Hers was the one that was killed by the coon :(

Last edited:
Well, after 4-5 years of owning chickens, and 1 year having them at my new house I had my first raccoon attack. One of my young roosters, nicknamed Ron Weasley died defending his hens, we caught the attack very early, within 1 minute or so but by then it was already too late. The other two pullets in the same pen seem OK right now, no blood or indication of injury but were in a bit of shock understandably. Time to go raccoon hunting.

Here is a picture I took of him today, I was trying to socialize him by bribing him with treats. I wish the raccoon had the decency to kill the other rooster who didn't have a name and crows a lot louder!

Well, after 4-5 years of owning chickens, and 1 year having them at my new house I had my first raccoon attack. One of my young roosters, nicknamed Ron Weasley died defending his hens, we caught the attack very early, within 1 minute or so but by then it was already too late. The other two pullets in the same pen seem OK right now, no blood or indication of injury but were in a bit of shock understandably. Time to go raccoon hunting.

Here is a picture I took of him today, I was trying to socialize him by bribing him with treats. I wish the raccoon had the decency to kill the other rooster who didn't have a name and crows a lot louder!
Wow, sad about the attack, but you got lucky! RIP Ron Weasley, you died protecting your flock. I hope you get that Raccoon, so you can rest comfortably.

Back
Top Bottom