Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Siracha is the same age though and his crest is much redder and much larger. He tends to explore more than Mach, although they love chasing each other.

My wonderful broody hatched all five of the eggs that I gave her!
And they've all been vaccinated, thanks to Ochochicas for sharing her Marek's vaccine!

Last edited:
Hello all,
I am still on the lookout for a few hens - blue or green layers. I would prefer a cream legbar, but would be totally happy with ameraucana, easter, and/or olive eggers.

Egg-laying age preferably, but younger (as long as they're old enough to add to a flock) would be fine. I would like to avoid dealing with chicks.

Thankyou Chickielady, There has been so many of these things i forgot which one..….I had llamas at the time and many of us spoke with folks over there….There were many negative tested farms depopulated, often animals that were not susceptible to the disease. Sometimes after killing there were piles that stayed for awhile, truck loads that dripped down the roads, That is when i realized you cannot control the birds, rats, flies, etc. who could still go elsewhere. Peta in the US publicly stated they hoped it would come here so we wouldn't own cattle any more….The gov. of Wisc??? Mich??? can't remember stated if it came to his state he would kill everything within 40 miles of an outbreak. FORTY MILES.
OMG...forty miles ?

Today I was busy trying to clean the house while DH was just hanging out in the yard. He came in the house and the conversation goes like this...
DH: Can chickens eat styrofoam?
Me: Do what?
DH: Can the chicken eat styrofoam?
Me: No, they shouldn't eat styrofoam. Why, did you find some?
DH: Yes, the turkens are eating styrofoam. I watched them bite off pieces and swallow it. All gone.
(Yes, he talks like a 4 year old sometimes.)
Me: Well, you took it away from them, right?
Yeah, we all know the answer to that one. I had to stop right in the middle of washing dishes and run outside to save the turkens from consuming stryofoam. I hope they'll be OK.
I have never seen styrofoam harm birds.
I think it just goes right out like it went in, in tiny bite sized pieces.
I also have actually seen (maybe here on BYC someplace) some guy actually gave his chicks a styrofoam cube to work on, during shipping & transport, to keep them from pecking each other !

idunno.gif
I do not advise that, just saying'

More:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/23861/chickens-are-eating-styrofoam-help

LaurelC

I have three hens that were 3 months old on the 19th of this month that I want to find homes for The Dad is a Faverolle and the hens were either a Speckled Sussex, or a Welsummer. the babies look like Faverolles. We are moving in Sept and I can't take any of my 30 chickens with me. I also have two Dominques (look like BR's but with a rose comb) two Speckled Sussex, one welsummer,one Bl. Australorp ,one silver Wyandotte,one Buff chantecler and a couple mixed breeds. They are all 11 to 13 months old. I am willing to give them away BUT I will be very picky on were the Sussex and Dominques go because these four are my favorite. They are very sweet and friendly girls. they would rather eat out of my hand then off the ground.

let me know if you are interested in any. I am in Woodinville
Where are you moving to ??????????????????????????????

I am very interested! I'm just up the street in Bothell. I got the roof on my run and the exterior siding put up today. All that's left is getting my feeder redone and the water cups installed. Would it be possible to come by some time on saturday?
Cool ! Perfect timing ! See?
Just ask & someone will turn up with birds for sale, or even free !

Back
Top Bottom