Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

All of mine do that and always have. Often it will be: Day 1 lay in the a.m., day 2 closer to noon, day 3 maybe 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then skip a day and start over. Each bird will be different. I've read that some will lay at exactly the same time every day, but I've never experienced that yet.
Most of my birds follow your pattern. I had one exception, my favorite Olive Egger hen would lay before 8 am every morning without fail. She also would only take maybe 1 day off in a months time though as well. My White Leghorn is pretty consistent with laying before 10am but as she is getting older she is falling into the other pattern of birds.

Good morning from Longview Washington anyone from this area

Good Morning and Welcome Aaron
frow.gif
Tell us a little about yourself and/or your chickens.

All of mine do that and always have. Often it will be: Day 1 lay in the a.m., day 2 closer to noon, day 3 maybe 2 or 3 in the afternoon. Then skip a day and start over. Each bird will be different. I've read that some will lay at exactly the same time every day, but I've never experienced that yet.
What I hate is when they lay so early that it is still dark out, and you find the egg in the poop tray cuz the hen is still roosting.
Like she laid it in her sleep.

Every so often we find an egg laying in the yard, like the hen was having such a good time she did not want to go all the way back to the coop...LOL

Well I am in Longview I have 13 welsummers 14 barred rock. 10 golden sec links. And 20 buff orpingtons. Then I have my flock of bourbon red turkeys and a small flock of royal Palm turkeys. I'm a army veteran that now lives the lighter side of life. With my lovely wife 2 daughters and another 1 on the way. Along with a Australian Shepard for my all around farm dog. She does it all.

garden is out of control, like every year it gets to growing so big, it is hard to get in there & harvest anything, LOL

Spaghetti squash, must be about 60 of them, all huge !

Blueberries

Zuc

The magical fruit

The magical fruit !

Back
Top Bottom