Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

It is currently 98 degrees here at 2 p.m. We are cooking everything on the George Forman or stove top. It is almost impossible to get the darn house cooled off if we use the oven.
I have been outside putting frozen pop bottles and milk jugs in all my coops. I spent the morning building a new shade area.
Also, the air quality is terrible. We have like 3/4 mile visibility. Are you guys getting this too?

So I think I'm going to hatch a few eggs from my EEs and ameraucana. The only eggs I'm getting right now are from those girls and the ones laying are 5-6 years old. Two of those 6 year hens are giving 4 to 5 eggs a week. They are the same girls who lay during the darkest months. So I think I need offspring from them.

Thing is I only have silkie roosters so there will be a broody tendency. On the plus side I could work on a blue eared blue egg layer

So I think I'm going to hatch a few eggs from my EEs and ameraucana. The only eggs I'm getting right now are from those girls and the ones laying are 5-6 years old. Two of those 6 year hens are giving 4 to 5 eggs a week. They are the same girls who lay during the darkest months. So I think I need offspring from them.

Thing is I only have silkie roosters so there will be a broody tendency. On the plus side I could work on a blue eared blue egg layer

I may have a extra peep depending on how my 11 grow up can only keep 12 total in the new coop with 2 Silkies counted in

Back
Top Bottom