Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

See we never had Banty growing up then did not have birds until like 7 years ago now.. Only bought full size but as new eggs colors came out I bought more birds.
Silkie where bought because one customer likes pickled eggs banty are bite sized
and I make deviled eggs of them
Yeah, I always figured about 2- 3 banty eggs to equal 1 standard egg. They are handy when you need a 1/2 an egg in a recipe!

Found out that we have a wild rabbit nest somewhere. One of the neighbor's outdoor kitties got one of the baby rabbits while I was out there. I watched it chase the baby and catch it before running off back to it's hiding spot to eat it. It was really cool to watch.

One of our artichoke plants is re-growing 3 new artichokes. I'm really excited as I love artichokes. Our rosemary is growing back as well.

On Monday while I was at work, I got to see bomber brothers stealing one of our signs. We got it back but our manager was really angry about it because bomber brothers have been known to do stuff like this. He said that last year they threw stuff at all of the sign holders. I'm loving my job but it's a little hard to be on alert at all times because of those people.

Our new cockerel has finally been accepted by the flock. He's also been following me around the yard, especially if I'm carrying the water bucket around to refill water bowls/containers. Sergeant also loves to sit in my lap if I pick him up and put him there. I love watching him going through his feathers.

Morning kiki good to see you here can you educate me in the "bomber brothers" does not sound good.. Your not in danger from them ?
Fireworks rival.
As long as they don't do anything serious, we're completely safe. I work for TNT Fireworks and am a sign holder so I'm out by the rival's tent as it's out near the road where people turn in

Really oh my heavens that is low.... There are others there that can see you yes..
How are your birds doing ?
Yeah, other people can see us and I've seen cop cars pass by while on patrol.

Our birds are doing great. Yesterday we nearly lost our cockerel because our male dog got too excited while playing with me. He didn't realize what he was doing and tried to grab Sergeant by his tail. Aside from a few missing tail feathers, he's fine.

Can I ask are wearing a mask ? I can wind up our Mareema Snow but the chickens yard is fenced she cannot get at them . I have to open a gate for her to

Back
Top Bottom