Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

So the silkie and d'uccle are 11 weeks old now and their ameraucana mom won't let them sleep anywhere but with her. I tried moving the little birds over into a silkie pen but she was frantically searching everywhere for them before bed so I had to give them back to her.

She hasn't treated them like chicks otherwise for almost two weeks so I'd thought it would be fine to move them. She's been trying to take over the care for the month old chicks during the daytime. Apparently since I finally gave her chicks, she's going to milk it for all it's worth.

Someone successfully stole the babies this afternoon. The mom's who were caring for them were a bit indifferent so it's not necessarily a bad thing. It also gets this hen off the nest she kept sitting on.

The chicks are a month old and almost fully feathered so it will be interesting to see how long she'll care for them. Her sister is still caring for the 11 week olds at night. It's the sister who's been trying to help take care of them .

20200901_192137.jpg

Yes it sure is hey there !
Hey..cool...i posted about needing to re home a special case pullet...and the post disappeared in seconds(buried by other posts)..so i figured since im in WA id try to post here..shes a very active bird..just born way too small..and a very not bright person clipped her wings amd almost all of her down..so she cannot survive outside

Back
Top Bottom