Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I'm in the Seattle area. Where can I find fertilized chicken eggs? Thanks!!!!
I have a bunch right now if you’re in need. Rare breed mixed flock. About 6 fresh dozen for hatching.
7556FB00-D5BD-4701-BD3F-2A8B5ACB2896.jpeg

Sunny and WARM here today! We got the run reinforced with screws (and it’s actually holding firm now) today, well my husband did. While he was busy doing that, I cleaned out the shed (now officially dubbing it a coop)! Holy balls was there a LOT of garbage in there! We pulled out enough pressboard shelving and improperly stored roofing materials to fill the back of our little pickup for a dump run tomorrow morning! Got all my planters dumped out (why on earth did I store them full of dirt?!?), got a toddler swing given away to my neighbors (who have lots of young nieces and nephews, so it’ll get lots of use, but either way is out of my way now)! Found out I had 6 hoses stashed in there! Pulled random nails out of the wall, threw out the big half cut into piece of pressboard away, half a set of horseshoes (not ours) got tossed, killed a few spiders and wasps (my dog took care of the wasps)...all in all a good day.

Tomorrow, we start putting up fence rail doohickeys (I forget the name) so that when my mom and aunt get here with another load of 2x6x10 boards, I can muscle them into place with my kids during the work week! Also adding ventilation holes and covering them in hardware cloth this week. My elbow pipe fitting feeder pieces came in from Rent A Coop Friday, but they’re 1/2” bigger than the first 2 I bought (from another company) that came with a hole saw! Ordered the correct size hole saw, but it won’t be in until Wednesday...Home Depot didn’t have the correct size locally either.

Only 9 days until hatch day! Anyone have a guess on how long it’ll take to get to WA from Meyer Hatchery? The kids are taking the day the chicks get here off from school (though they’re far enough ahead that we already are taking an extra day off every week and only doing 1-2 lessons a day anyway)!
9431B044-6717-4977-9EDD-3BE04747BC45.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom