Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have heard thunder only once in the 9 years we have lived here in Blyn,
But yesterday, as I shook the porch rugs, I looked south at the Mt. that was so very covered with dark clouds, I knew you all in Gig Harbor and Kitsap were getting hammered, and then....... a deep rolling thunder sound from up there,
I grew up in NM where electric storms / extrema lighting & thunder was a 4pm daily thing (still is) hahahahha Dont miss it

Have a great Day
1617446_10152622174631356_2391234819077093466_o.jpg

I put in a second Little Giant wall-mounted nest box yesterday, after the fiasco with all the non-standard nest boxes getting thrown around. Currently, there are 8 chickens fighting over the new box that is literally next to the older one that no one wants to use today.

Chickens are weird. Yesterday one of my Leghorns laid an enormous egg, it was one of the ones that got tossed around and broken. We opened it up before giving to the dogs and was a double yolker (I expected that) with HUGE yolks (didn't expect that)! Usually when I get doubles, they yolkers are tiny and the egg is only slightly bigger.

Spent a large portion of my morning redoing the nest boxes again today...came in the house with a freshly laid egg and dropped it. It cracked and rolled under the freaking fridge! Spent more time cleaning off the fridge to move the fridge to then get said egg (and all the freaking cat toys) out from under the fridge. It's been quite the adventure today so far! Kids go in at 1 and 2pm for their first covid vaccines!

I think it is great they won approval for the kids.
Puglsy is the one that toys are everywhere.
Sitting here with my coffee awful wet out okay already
enough there is mud everywhere :caf

When I went to close up coops last night, my silver laced barnevelder rooster was missing. I ran around in a panic checking nearby areas, no sign of him, just his three flockmate hens sleeping like no big deal. Eventually I went to close up the other chickens and found him in another coop. He had to have hopped two fences and somehow not got in a fight with the much larger silver cuckoo marans main flock rooster. There are two mobile coops in that pen, he avoided the rooster and snuggled up with a few hens in the other coop. Crazy boy. He's lucky I moved him back in the dark. I'm not in the mood for a rooster fight today.

When I went to close up coops last night, my silver laced barnevelder rooster was missing. I ran around in a panic checking nearby areas, no sign of him, just his three flockmate hens sleeping like no big deal. Eventually I went to close up the other chickens and found him in another coop. He had to have hopped two fences and somehow not got in a fight with the much larger silver cuckoo marans main flock rooster. There are two mobile coops in that pen, he avoided the rooster and snuggled up with a few hens in the other coop. Crazy boy. He's lucky I moved him back in the dark. I'm not in the mood for a rooster fight today.
The weather musty be making them all go a bit crazy, lol. I've gone from no issues with nest boxes and such to daily issues in the last week or so!

Back
Top Bottom