Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

pot is just finishing up dripping, I got the fire going, Mr. Cornelius is crowing, I guess I'll waddle out and open his door and then get coffee,
download (1) (1).jpg

I noticed several days last week Mr. Rooster messing around in the nesting box. He was making a nest. When I went just a bit ago to fill the water jug, I noticed a hollowed out spot,,, and one of the hens was being extra loud. Up to this point they have been very quite. so I watched while I was changing out the water. She was fluffing and getting comfy and singing the pre-egg laying song. I am glad one of them is getting started. This is the start of their 21st week. I read Welsummers can take as long as 24/25 weeks. Typically, once one gets started the others follow shortly.
I may get a first egg today..... maybe

I noticed several days last week Mr. Rooster messing around in the nesting box. He was making a nest. When I went just a bit ago to fill the water jug, I noticed a hollowed out spot,,, and one of the hens was being extra loud. Up to this point they have been very quite. so I watched while I was changing out the water. She was fluffing and getting comfy and singing the pre-egg laying song. I am glad one of them is getting started. This is the start of their 21st week. I read Welsummers can take as long as 24/25 weeks. Typically, once one gets started the others follow shortly.
I may get a first egg today..... maybe
:fl
:fl:fl

Back
Top Bottom