Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Homemade breakfast sausage project has begun. It'll end up making 10 pounds, more or less, of breakfast sausage. I boned out an 11 pound pork butt, and I know that the bone weighed less than a pound.

Ground meat is in the fridge while I concoct my seasoning mixture, which is the fun part. I'll be using herbs from the garden.

View attachment 3818694
I'm impressed! I've never considered making my own sausage. I don't eat much of it, but DH loves it.

Where did you find pork butt around here? I've been looking for Boston butt to make pulled pork. I looked it up and the shoulder is just above the butt portion. Does it cook up the same way? I think you'd be the one to know.

I'm impressed! I've never considered making my own sausage. I don't eat much of it, but DH loves it.

Where did you find pork butt around here? I've been looking for Boston butt to make pulled pork. I looked it up and the shoulder is just above the butt portion. Does it cook up the same way? I think you'd be the one to know.
Fred Meyer has pork butts/shoulder roasts for $1.49 a pound this week if you use the digital coupon. I bought 4 yesterday, around 35 pounds worth.

Boston butt, pork butt or pork shoulder would all be great for pulled pork.

I Buy them at Costco pork butts, I like not having to make it
buy Jimmy Dean sausage at wally best price.
Costco sells a 3 lb I like not having to mess with it.
Pick my battles right.
I did get bare root asparagus off Amazon male and female.
I've never made sausage before. I'm going keto to lose weight so I can get my knee joint replaced, so I'll be eating lots of meat for a while. My money goes a lot farther if I make most of my food from scratch. And I don't end up eating a lot of chemicals and preservatives.

Curious was to why you got female plants. Do you plan to save seeds and plant them, or do you like the red berries?

From what I've read male plants produce more spears since they don't have to put energy into making seeds.

Seasoned the 1/4" grind pork and mixed it together, then ground it again with the 1/8" plate. It needs to chill in the fridge for the flavors to meld before I can package it for the freezer.

Not really that much work to make sausage. Only takes a few hours to make 10 pounds. Glad I have a dishwasher.

IMG_3978.JPG IMG_3979.JPG IMG_3980.JPG IMG_3981.JPG IMG_3982.JPG IMG_3983.JPG IMG_3986.JPG IMG_3987.JPG

Fred Meyer has pork butts/shoulder roasts for $1.49 a pound this week if you use the digital coupon. I bought 4 yesterday, around 35 pounds worth.

Boston butt, pork butt or pork shoulder would all be great for pulled pork.
Oh thank you!! We are in Tumwater right now. I’ll look for that. Then I’ll come back to you for seasoning advice. 😁

Back
Top Bottom