Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Still waiting to hear from any Longview / Kelso / Castle Rock peeps about the meet up. Hey KIM come on down would love to see ya girl ! !!
I would love to, but I have babies hatching in the bator and under a couple of broodies Thursday, Friday, Sat. Hopefully I will see you at Monroe, and/or, maybe the show in April. :) But thanks for the invite!
frow.gif

Do you think a first time mama hen (actually, mama pullet; Lucy is only 9 months old) can handle 4 chicks? More? Less? I'm thinking of getting one more so she has 5 chicks, but don't want to stress her or me out. Hrm...maybe I'll stick with 4.

Do you think a first time mama hen (actually, mama pullet; Lucy is only 9 months old) can handle 4 chicks? More? Less? I'm thinking of getting one more so she has 5 chicks, but don't want to stress her or me out. Hrm...maybe I'll stick with 4.

I would let her try. :) You could do 5. ;-)

my now 6 month old pullet hatched a single chick and she was getting stressed and dropping weigh with just that. so i had to keep them apart and hand raise the chick. I would go with 5 chicks and if she cannot handle that many take 2 away to hand raise. Hopefully you pullet wont be as stressed as mine was.

Back
Top Bottom