Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

frow.gif
Hi Friends!
Only a few more days and I'll be done with busy season!

So, how about that meet-up?
Third Place Books in Lake Forest Park?
Around lunch time?
Around dinner time?
Weekday?
Weekend?
It's impossible to pick a time when everyone can make it although sometimes weekends work best.

To the new folks, please know that all are welcome.
It's wonderful to put names to faces.
(Personally, I think part of the reason we've become such good friends is that we see each other in person, not just online.)
We go to Third Place Books because it has a Commons area. Several fast food restaurants, a fabulous bakery, plenty of big tables for us to gather 'round and even a play area for children.
Some folks eat, some have coffee, some bring their own.
Some folks bring children and sweethearts.
It's not hard to find us. If we have new people coming I'll bring a chicken for a centerpiece.
D.gif

I don't see FarminMomma on here much.
She did say she's got her hands full with the new house but I'll send her a PM just in case she can break away.

OK, back to work for me.
Please PM me or post on the forum days/times that work for you.
caf.gif

So glad you asked, I thought I'd missed the plan. You guys talk when I'm not looking -- stop that!!!
lol.png

I would like to vote for weekend daytime because I'd like to bring my best friend who runs a day care and can't do weekdays, plus I live about 2 hours away so evenings can be really tough. And I really want to meet up with all the N. end peeps! Thanks for asking!

Thanks for the warning. Anyone buying a puppy should do their RESEARCH. A friend of mine's parents got an adorable Lab pup last summer. He is so smart and beautiful now that he's all grown up. They really liked the breeder (somewhere here in W WA). If anyone wants the name of the breeder, PM me and I can get it for you (I've been meaning to ask for future reference anyway).
Is that a SAH-BEST-TAH-POLE
droolin.gif
...duck??
hide.gif

PURDY....
duc.gif

smack.gif

I love only ducks....
I want only ducks...
I got only ducks...
I aint looking at nothing but ducks...
Ducks rule....
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif

Yes Duck MAMA....

I just got last weeks left over dominiques(3) and barred rocks(4) and this weeks buff orpington(1) the buff orpington had
guts coming out of its butt when we got home! We don't know what happened?
idunno.gif
We took it back and they said they would take care of it. No refund. No replacement.
smack.gif

Quote: CL. Another way to think about it is how much joy is what you are going to do bring you compared to the work involved.
Example be is I been thinking about raising Discus again.
I have everything I need so only cost is the fish and I know a Breeder in Seattle whom has the best there is I can buy at baby size so cost not an issue.
Yet, the desire hasn't exceeded the amount of work involved with keeping this type of fish yet.
Maybe some day it will.

So yes it may be work you are creating for yourself, yet, when you walk by that garden and pick a fresh tomato and place it in your mouth & smile all that work thoughts go away real quickly.

Last edited:
In my experence, pure Ameracuans are flighty - I would not recremend them to you and your son.  But - not all hope is lost :)

Check out Easter Eggers - they are often a cross between an Ameracuana and a gentler breed.  They lay bluish to greenish eggs and are pretty much "normal".

Good luck and welcome to our home :)

Flighty meaning they fly a lot or are jumpy? I thought about EEs I guess it would be a good lesson for my son that eggs come in all colors. I'll look into them. Is there a specific cross with an ameracauana I should look for??

Thank you for the welcome :)) I'm so excited to be here!!

You might try Naomi at Edgewood Chics since she is close to Federal Way and she has a lot of poultry varieties and a lot of knowledge. If she does not already have something she will find it! She has a large capacity incubator so she might even be able to find eggs and hatch chicks for you. She drove to Oregon for one of my Australian Spotted drakes and she even "loaned" me his half brother. Her place is fun to visit during her Open House events, which I believe she does every weekend at this time of year. You can find her on Facebook for details.

When I had chickens, the Aracaunas were my favorite because their eggs are more nutritious and better tasting than other eggs. They come in blue, green, and pink depending on the chicken and it seems each hen lays her own unique shade (my flock was free range so we had regular egg hunts looking for colored eggs and we did not have to color them for Easter). If it were not for raising this breed for so many years, I never would have acquired a taste for eggs. I looked for them before I decided on ducks and they are difficult to find but the Americauna is a cross of Aracauna so they have many of their desirable qualities. The Aracauna chicken has almost a mane of feathers giving them an attractive head and they have a "beard" of feathers that also gives them a unique look. Because they come in a variety of colors, they don't all look alike and that makes them easier to name and note their personalities. I still think about getting some myself but ducks are so much easier on my yard and more beneficial to my garden, plus they love the rain so they are much happier roaming the yard when chickens would seek shelter in rainy weather. If I end up raising chickens again I would definitely want Aracaunas.

Thank you for the referral! I'll check her out!!!

I wanted to post this here first.
I am selling 3 of my blue silkie chicks. They are 8 weeks old, maybe nine, I'll have to look. Straight run, and I would prefer they go together.
$5 each for my fellow BYC peeps, going to ask $10 each at least on CL. They are from very good lines of silkies from very good breeders. But I want to find them a good home.
I am concentrating on blacks, and at this time have too many blues. Go figure!

PM me if interested
Kim

Last edited:
Hey everyone.
Real quick here, I have two little chicks that need a home. One is a E.E. and the other is a black sexlink. The reason I have them is because the grate people at Bothell feed call me when they have a chick that is not sellable as I have told you guys before. They called me today because they had a black sexlink with some sort of eye issue. As you will see in her picture. Now she runs around just fine, eats and drinks just like the rest. Shows no signs of being sick other than the eye it's self. I should have said no to taking it, but I knew they would have just taken her out back and "delt" with her. I am hoping one of you are willing to take her and her healthy friend. Right now with the impending move I am not able to keep chicks. They are free to any one of you. Because I am not on here very much if you are interested please PM me. Thanks ya'll.

This is her with her bad eye open.

This is with the eye closed.

Other eye is just fine.

The EE is mostly yello, but has blue on her head and blue stripes on her back.

So very cute!
Sent you a PM

Back
Top Bottom