Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Hi Guys;
Who on this thread has or knows of someone in Washington who has 100% English Chocolate Bantam Orps? Looking for a quad of juvies. Thank you....

Carol Dry
I just had some at the show in Ridgfield last weekend. What I am hatching now are 1/4 american though.

Mine are true bantams weighing around 3lbs. The pure english had stubs, leakage, and comb issues. They seemed pretty inbred to me. The american line I used is from Don Chandler; one of the best breeders of bantam orps in the US.

. . . .

Things I wish I could do on my bucket list: Live near Poulsbo, Kitsap County WA
Have a friend who has horses and wants someone to ride with them all the time.
Fishing, I have not fished in years and have never been deep sea fishing. Need a friend with all the accouterments that needs a buddy or two.
I want to learn Mushrooming and have a buddy to go out and pick.

Well, I can help you a little bit with the last one! The peninsula is great for chantrelles in the fall. The cascades are better for morels. Sadly I've never found King Boletus (boletus edulis) but have seen many that others have found. If anyone else is really interested in mushrooming and lives near Seattle, I'd highly recommend joining Puget Sound Mycological Society. They have classes and monthly day trips with a qualified mycologist on hand. When I belonged I really enjoyed it. Now would be the perfect time to join for the spring forays.

Sumatras don't have 5 toes, they have Extra spurs though. They only have black skin on their faces. And their bones aren't black either.
Sumatras aren't aggressive. They aren't bred for that, so I don't think it was a sumatra.

I've had Sumatras for 10 years and never had an aggressive one. It sound like it might have been a silkie mix without the silkie feathers.

silkies shouldn't be aggressive either though. I don't know what he was i just know super aggressive. He attacked/cut my 2 year old nephew. That is why he was butchered. There are somethings I will allow in a rooster (same with my parents) attacking an adult fine, but attacking a small child is NEVER okay.
I know there are a few breeds that have black skin, meat, and bones. Was just wondering what he was. Not real important. My puppy thinks he tastes good. :)
I was going to make soup, but I couldn't bring myself to eat grayish purple almost black meat. Just ewwww.

We just got rear ended at a stop. Ow. Will need a new bumper and lots of Tylenol

DANG, that stinks! I hope there are no neck injuries, they can be a lingering problem if/when they happen. Take it easy today.
hugs.gif

You wouldn't even believe how many people actually think you NEED a rooster to have hens that lay eggs.
I was one of these people in the beginning!
gig.gif

One: I'm having trouble getting the Little Giant incubator tp stabilize at 99.1: I can have 98.5 but the next stop is 103.4, any suggestions? Help? Does the fact I'm running it dry and empty make a difference?

Also, I'm by way of being forced offline for a transitional period by something very wrong with the start-up sequence of my seven-year-old computer. We're going to back it up today (or rather DH is, I'm still getting new eggs and chickens where they belong) and I'll get an account going on my husband's machine, but I am displeased.
I don't think I've ever had a computer last seven years! I play far too many games that constantly need more power and processing speed. Getting a new computer is fun though. If you don't need it to do much, the ones at walmart are a fair price. I got my laptop there and use it for basic things like messaging, browsing, and drawing.
anyone know what type of chickens have black bones and a purplish color meat? I butchered my moms rooster. He was small, and pretty. Normal feathers so not a silky. But had 5 toes on each foot, and black bones. also was extremely aggressive.
I also think it was a silkie mix. They don't have to have fluff and whatever it was mixed with is where the aggression came from.
Ugh. I'm washing beds today. I usually wash sheets every other week for every bed in the house, but it's...um, gotten away from me. I've been noticing spiders around the house. Usually no big deal. Unless your 6 year old says "Mom, there's 10 spiders in my bed, I counted them!"
barnie.gif
So we stripped his bed and found a nest at the foot of his bed under his sheets. So glad nothing bit him! DROWN SPIDERS, DROWN!!!!!! EAT SOAP!!!!!!

YES, ALL SPIDERS DESERVE HORRIBLE CRUEL DEATHS!
ep.gif
I would be so freaked out!

We have a horrible infestation of an invasive species of stink bug here. I must kill like 10 of them a day. Apparently they were accidentally brought over from China. So far in WA they are only in Clark County and one other county over but people are encouraged to send a sample of one to WSU so they can document the spread. They looove fruit and thrive on ruining crops of fruit. I think we have so many clustered around our house because of the four apple trees and one pear tree in our back yard.

They are horrible. They are really loud when they fly and they crunch bad when you squish them.
sickbyc.gif

My cats or my dog wont even mess with them. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't completely startle me every time I see one.

Worst part? They are very resistant to all pesticide so the only effective method of control is squishing them and bugproofing your house. But how hard is THAT?? They can squeeze into the smallest spaces even though they seem so huge.

Well, I can help you a little bit with the last one! The peninsula is great for chantrelles in the fall. The cascades are better for morels. Sadly I've never found King Boletus (boletus edulis) but have seen many that others have found. If anyone else is really interested in mushrooming and lives near Seattle, I'd highly recommend joining Puget Sound Mycological Society. They have classes and monthly day trips with a qualified mycologist on hand. When I belonged I really enjoyed it. Now would be the perfect time to join for the spring forays.

OK, we need to join it and participate! I used to pick Chantrelles with a friend who knew this stuff but do not trust just me.

I was one of these people in the beginning!
gig.gif

I don't think I've ever had a computer last seven years! I play far too many games that constantly need more power and processing speed. Getting a new computer is fun though. If you don't need it to do much, the ones at walmart are a fair price. I got my laptop there and use it for basic things like messaging, browsing, and drawing.
I also think it was a silkie mix. They don't have to have fluff and whatever it was mixed with is where the aggression came from.
ep.gif
I would be so freaked out!

We have a horrible infestation of an invasive species of stink bug here. I must kill like 10 of them a day. Apparently they were accidentally brought over from China. So far in WA they are only in Clark County and one other county over but people are encouraged to send a sample of one to WSU so they can document the spread. They looove fruit and thrive on ruining crops of fruit. I think we have so many clustered around our house because of the four apple trees and one pear tree in our back yard.

They are horrible. They are really loud when they fly and they crunch bad when you squish them.
sickbyc.gif

My cats or my dog wont even mess with them. It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't completely startle me every time I see one.

Worst part? They are very resistant to all pesticide so the only effective method of control is squishing them and bugproofing your house. But how hard is THAT?? They can squeeze into the smallest spaces even though they seem so huge.

silkies shouldn't be aggressive either though. I don't know what he was i just know super aggressive. He attacked/cut my 2 year old nephew. That is why he was butchered. There are somethings I will allow in a rooster (same with my parents) attacking an adult fine, but attacking a small child is NEVER okay.
I know there are a few breeds that have black skin, meat, and bones. Was just wondering what he was. Not real important. My puppy thinks he tastes good. :)
I was going to make soup, but I couldn't bring myself to eat grayish purple almost black meat. Just ewwww.
Two years ago down in Solano Co in CA. part of the bay area, we got hit with a new bug that lays eggs inside fruit like cherries, We lost the whole crop. Looked OK until you opened it and it was full of larvae. YUCK. It is threatening the crops down there which is a major wine growing area, Napa. All this world sharing is ruining the organic gardener. Without massive spraying there is no getting rid of it. We don't have the natural predators to control them.

Back
Top Bottom