Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

BTW... the whole top of the flock and higher ranking thing is for the birds! Wish they had a big enough of a brain to realize how ridiculous it is to beat up on each other.

Last edited:
Quote:
It is now an open bleeding wound. The Neosporin may have caused it to bleed again.

Please tell me the "super glue" process. My husband is off to get some blood stopping medication (Jess, if you see this before you see my text, what was the name again?)

We moved her hospital kennel back outside and set it inside the PVC chicken tractor so she could see her sisters.

Jess - in answer to your question to treatment - she just snuggled down in my arms while my husband put the Neosporin on. She sweetly talked to us and ate all the treats we hand-fed her as we tried to help her.
Just line it up best you can and super glue it like glueing anything else.
Quote:
Corn starch will stop the blood? We have that on hand. So - we won't need qwikstop?
I have even used regular flour, just takes a little longer to stop the bleeding.

ouchies hope she will be ok!! and hello all. New to the thread. I am in Yelm :)
Welcome! I'm over in Graham, but we go through Yelm once a month or so. Usually make a day of it and go through base then down to Cabelas, come home the back way. Hit Sunbird, then Stewarts Meats. Get all our shopping done and out of the way.

BTW... the whole top of the flock and higher ranking thing is for the birds! Wish they had a big enough of a brain to realize how ridiculous it is to beat up on each other.
You and me both. I've had some poor girls get chunks out of their combs and the combs torn. None have been quite as bad as you have. If you superglue it, make sure you glue the edges and not the whole bottom. Mom used to super glue her hands together when they would split. Was the only thing that helped her.

Quote:
Welcome!

Watch out for that pink bandit, Chicken Rustler.
lau.gif
Of course I've heard that white eggs keep him at bay.

Back
Top Bottom