Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

TIRED. At least the wind's not howling anymore, but I've got to get up from this chair and start the day, and so far that hasn't happened.

Oh, well, the fact that I've let Ruby in and out about seven times since 7:45 (not counting twice she got as far as the laundry room and decided not to go outside after all) may be behind my lack of enthusiasm and productivity

Hi there, that is a beautiful pup! Collie or Sheltie? We love our old 13 yr old Sheltie have had him since he was 8 weeks old. He loves our chickens when the are in the brooder, the first thing he does when coming back in the house is rush to check on them. Then he lays down, mostly at his age he just sleeps a lot, but not when we have new peeps.
She's a collie. She's pretty awesome. :)

Well, I made the decision this morning to feed the chicklets some left over spaghetti from last night. I added some ramen noodles, to be sure that there would be enough that everybody gets some. I was in no way prepared for the hilarious mayhem that ensued.
lau.gif
I put some of the sauce in with the pasta, to add variety. My white chicks all look like they just came home from war. They have pretty much become a lovely orange-red color. The messiest one is (of course) the one that I am taking up to Farmin Momma tomorrow. He looks exactly how my 5 yo looks after spaghetti night. I guess boys are boys, regardless of species. I tried to get pics, but the sun is just in the right spot that you can't see their sgetti faces. That was the most fun I have had with them yet. I may bring the little man in and try to clean him up a bit before tomorrow. My little frizzle is the next messiest, he may get cleaned up too. The bigger girls seem to mainly have messy faces, but the bigger ones drag the noodles right over the little ones when they take off with their prizes.

Good times. However, I definitely need to hurry and get their run expanded if I am going to continue with these kinds of treats. They run around like a bunch of banshees.

I hung some leftover spaghetti last night from the chicken wire covering to my silkie brooder. They went nuts jumping up and down getting the treats. I agree. I have paid alot of money to laugh that hard. spaghetti dinner, $8. spaghetti silkies...Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom