Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Right now I just need this broken branch dealt with- although that's going to involve a certain amount of fence-moving and blackberry slashing and if the crack keeps getting wider it'll just be cutting it up and hauling it out and then I'll have to put bandaids on the owies of about thirty feet of roses, lilacs, and perennials. I am not best pleased with the situation.

I'll have to ask him; I need to talk to him anyway, just that I've been run off my feet since the chicks hatched.

We're going crazy too!!:barnie  I'll check with my brother in law about the tree. I'll give you a call if I can get him out. You need to find away to get some R&R time somehow!!!

Thanks! I'm trying to get in touch with my cousin the tree whisperer, but I suspect he's gone back to being my cousin the union carpenter now that there's things being built again.

R&R... sure, well, I just had a moment of wonderful clarity: the seven eggs I put under the broody hen tonight are not going to need to live in the bathroom, ever!

What a liberating thought.

So what does everyone here (at least those on the western side of the state) use in their run? Sand, wood chips...? Is your run covered? I'm still trying to figure out how to set up the coop/run and I'm wondering what material will be the best in the rain. Seems to me that wet chicken poop in wet material will be next to impossible to clean out without removing everything. And then there's smell concerns. I planned on ordering a small coop kit online, but apparently the one I wanted is back ordered. I want to spend $300 or less and I'm having a tough time. I can assemble from a kit, but that's the extent of my carpentry skills. My husband is useless in that department as well. Right now I'm leaning towards ordering this wooden playset and modifying it for the chickens. I'd still have to add a run if some sort, but I think it might be my best bet. Also, since I'm trying to keep the chickens on the DL the playhouse shouldn't attract any attention (I hope).

Not yet. I am on the lookout for a cheap/free window to put in the wall on the right in the photos though. Thanks for the tip!

Thanks Mike.
cool.png
PM me I have a few let me know what size you want and if I have what you need, I'll charge you a zillion dollars!!!!! or just give it to ya
lau.gif

It's a little heavy. A helper would be in order for a long walk with it.
Cuz it was full of chickens you silly!!!
Not sure at this point exactly who's coop you are talking about but on mine that is what the door on the outside of the nest box is for. DUH!
wink.png

See you pulled a fast one on us!!
hu.gif
Nice pup you got back there! Is he lookin for a chicken dinner?
droolin.gif
gig.gif
LOL
So what does everyone here (at least those on the western side of the state) use in their run? Sand, wood chips...? Is your run covered? I'm still trying to figure out how to set up the coop/run and I'm wondering what material will be the best in the rain. Seems to me that wet chicken poop in wet material will be next to impossible to clean out without removing everything. And then there's smell concerns.

I planned on ordering a small coop kit online, but apparently the one I wanted is back ordered. I want to spend $300 or less and I'm having a tough time. I can assemble from a kit, but that's the extent of my carpentry skills. My husband is useless in that department as well. Right now I'm leaning towards ordering this wooden playset and modifying it for the chickens. I'd still have to add a run if some sort, but I think it might be my best bet. Also, since I'm trying to keep the chickens on the DL the playhouse shouldn't attract any attention (I hope).

Have you tried the chicken man on craigslist? I've heard his coops are nice but stay away from his chickens
sickbyc.gif

I've been checking CL, but I haven't seen anything decent looking in my price range.
I'm not sure of his prices try to search The Chicken Man I think he's in the Tacoma area but I'm not exactly sure. I've seen his adds in the past and I think he has quite a few sizes of coops. I'll try and find it myself if I can find it I'll try and post It but I'm not very good at that sort of thing.

Okay so I just checked CL again and it looks like there are several possibilities. Much better than the last time I checked. I need to figure out how to transport one though, I only have my minivan. The chicken man in Orting does have one model for $300. I'm going to send a few email and see what happens.

Okay so I just checked CL again and it looks like there are several possibilities. Much better than the last time I checked. I need to figure out how to transport one though, I only have my minivan. The chicken man in Orting does have one model for $300. I'm going to send a few email and see what happens.
Good luck! Where are you guys located?

Back
Top Bottom