Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

I have one hen who just started to molt and the other has no idea what to do! I haven't gotten any eggs in over a week!!!! ARGH!!! **sigh** I wish this would just be done! LOLOL :)

I had to go searching for all four of my brahmas a couple days ago. I was certain something had got in the pen and killed one because of the piles of feathers. Turns out that one of the girls decided to drop almost half her feathers in the last few days. Her neck is almost bare. If I pet her, a few feathers come out with each stroke.

We got our first green egg today! I have been falling in love with my English Orpingtons and now I gotta love my Easter Egger chickens. I got a pink looking egg last week I suspected was too big for a Silkie and now I know the green egg did not come from one of the Silkies. With seven pullets we should start getting a steady supply of eggs to eat. I hope I have green, blue, and pink eggs since that is my goal.

All of my hens have gone on strike, broody, or busy with babies. I had to BUY eggs. One hen is sitting on 19,due to hatch in 2 days. I had one that went broody with no eggs, felt bad and gave her 3 of another hens eggs, they hatched. There is one hen without chicks who is laying in a secret location or not laying at all. She is the only one, so far, who has not gone off to sit on a huge clutch. They have all gone baby crazy and have lost their tiny little chicken minds. You are not alone
he.gif

All of my hens have gone on strike, broody, or busy with babies. I had to BUY eggs. One hen is sitting on 19,due to hatch in 2 days. I had one that went broody with no eggs, felt bad and gave her 3 of another hens eggs, they hatched. There is one hen without chicks who is laying in a secret location or not laying at all. She is the only one, so far, who has not gone off to sit on a huge clutch. They have all gone baby crazy and have lost their tiny little chicken minds. You are not alone
he.gif

I had to buy eggs too. (first time in 10 years, lol) But that's because I had a fridge accident yesterday.

Imp- Brokem'll

WOW! :eek: Justbugged was right!! This thread has really sloooooowed down! Only 2 pages in 5 days! Miss the good old days of fun and lots of chattering! Sorry for you new peeps! We used to have 10 plus pages an hour! Lots of fun, lots of great info, lots of community togetherness!

Last edited:
ATTENTION: You did see my post that we will have flush terlets SOON, right ?
Like maybe in a day or 2.....Enstein is on the job !!!!!
That means we can then have the Bar-Be-Que "House Warming"...which means you rock the flock sister !!!!!!!!!!!!!!    :ya
Will cook, you play the tunes !

You know it!!! :thumbsup Any excuse to have another BYCer party!!

Back
Top Bottom