Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Two eggs today. The one on the right was definitely laid by one of our BOs, so I think the one on the left must have come from an Australorp?

So, out of ten girls, we've got two or three laying now.

OMLETS AT MY HOUSE!!!!! EVERYONE INVITED!!!!!
celebrate.gif

All of my hens have gone on strike, broody, or busy with babies. I had to BUY eggs. One hen is sitting on 19,due to hatch in 2 days. I had one that went broody with no eggs, felt bad and gave her 3 of another hens eggs, they hatched. There is one hen without chicks who is laying in a secret location or not laying at all. She is the only one, so far, who has not gone off to sit on a huge clutch. They have all gone baby crazy and have lost their tiny little chicken minds. You are not alone
he.gif

Good news is that next year you'll be getting plenty, hopefully.
fl.gif

Good to know I'm not alone... These hens are losing their minds. Lol! I'm upping the protein for the girls to help speed along the molting. Fingers crossed!

I feed FlockRaiser to my free ranging chickens year round. It is 20% protein and really helps them during molt and winter to stay healthy. I have had a couple of broodies that raised chicks and I kept this in a bowl right in front of them. They maintained excellent health.

Can anyone tell me if there is anyone near Yelm,WA who might be willing to take in my march 1 pullets and my 18 month old (GLB) hen in return for hatching eggs later on? We are military and have to move to Virginia. plus wait to get into the house, build a coop, etc. just no way to bring them with us. I have a gold laced brahma who is gold and cream (she really has exquisite coloring), an australorp with very rainbow-y sheen feathers, and two rhode island reds. not one of them are from hatchery stock. I am wanting to find them a great home and then when I get the new coop built to get eggs ( I would be happy to pay shipping :) ). I just don't know what to do. They are our pets and babies we hand raised. It would help with the kids knowing that they are (the eggs) are their "old" girls' babies. Anywho if you can help please inbox me. This thread gets messy and it is hard to keep up with. I will be keeping an eye on it of course ^_^ THANK YOU!

My girls:

I would LOVE your GLB, she's BEAUTIFUL!
And I have a friend in Lacy who might be interested in the RIRs.
And the Australorp? Well, she'd fit in with out other girls just fine.
I'm up near Port Townsend, but we get down your way more or less regularly.
I'll message you and see what we can work out.

Hi, we're the couple from Lacey that would love to provide a home for your chickens. I'm heading to Yelm today on business and can stop and pick them up. Please reply to [email protected] if you are interested.
Thanks, Chris.

Back
Top Bottom