Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Anyone know of any french black copper maran breeders in wa?

I hatched some chicks from Wade Jeane's line but I ended up selling them all because I fell in love with the English Orpingtons. The chicks I sold will be laying now. The breeder I got my hatching eggs from ended up selling her flock so I assume they are still in the area but I don't know where.

Newbie, just joined from the east side of the state. Anybody else from the Tri-City area?

Welcome! Cute little pink chick!

Yes we have members from your area, but darned if I can remember who they are at the moment. Keep hanging out and they'll pop up for sure!

welcome-byc.gif

Hi everyone! We just got our first two eggs here in Kirkland, one from a Buff Orpington on the 30th, and one from a Black Australorp this morning! All six of our girls are 20 weeks old today
yippiechickie.gif
This is our first time with chickens, and I couldn't be more proud! Now they just need to hurry up and get regular!

Hi Chicken friends! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday! I have a question for you. I have 15 adult birds and 18 birds that are almost 3 months old. I want to know, how much and how often do you feed your birds. Mine are free range until we get the next coop built that will have an attached pen on it. I put my feed out on pie pans prior to opening the current coop up to let them out. They all rush the food and act like they are starving. Once all the food is consumed, they all walk around and appear happy.. scratching about and eating all the grubs, grass and berries that they find. Anytime I go outside for anything, I have the entire flock immediately at my feet waiting for me to feed them some vegie scraps or more food. I do usually go get the scooper and fill up all the dishes for them again. I also feed them just before I lock up the coop at night. Can you over feed your birds? How do I know if they are underfed? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Hi Chicken friends! I hope you all had a fantastic holiday! I have a question for you. I have 15 adult birds and 18 birds that are almost 3 months old. I want to know, how much and how often do you feed your birds. Mine are free range until we get the next coop built that will have an attached pen on it. I put my feed out on pie pans prior to opening the current coop up to let them out. They all rush the food and act like they are starving. Once all the food is consumed, they all walk around and appear happy.. scratching about and eating all the grubs, grass and berries that they find. Anytime I go outside for anything, I have the entire flock immediately at my feet waiting for me to feed them some vegie scraps or more food. I do usually go get the scooper and fill up all the dishes for them again. I also feed them just before I lock up the coop at night. Can you over feed your birds? How do I know if they are underfed? Any input is greatly appreciated.
If they associate you with food, they will always charge at you like they are starving in my experience :) My chickens know the treats are in a little shed, so if I walk anywhere near the shed, they all charge at me like they're dying of hunger. Otherwise they walk around and appear happy, just like you described :) It's normal behaviour.

As far as how much they eat, I'm not quite sure. I have a feeder that holders about 50 lbs of feed, and I fill it about once a month. I currently have 11 chickens. They get lots of kitchen scraps and occasional scratch.

I have a question for those who show and are in the know, (hehe, I made a rhyme!) Are there any shows coming up in Feb. or March here in Western Wa? I'd like to take a few of my birds to a show but I'm not in the know about where and when?

Thanks in advance!

DD

Back
Top Bottom