Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

Well, we call ourselves Fintuckians, but we only moved out here about 13 years ago so we are not completely native ;) Right now I have 12 laying hens and 9 babies I just got today. My girls are a mix of RIR, PBR's, Dominique, WBR, White leg horns, lavender Orpinton, (I never spell that right), Minorca and red sex links.
The new babies are EE's, Cream leg bars and Swedish Flower Hens.

I also have some Cornish cross in the spring and some turkeys till about fair time. I don't winter them except in the freezer ;)

If you live past the High School you probably drive right by my house. I have pink Christmas lights on my coop by the trailer park.

Good to meet somebody close by..

Tracy

Last edited:
Well, we call ourselves Fintuckians, but we only moved out here about 13 years ago so we are not completely native ;)  Right now I have 12 laying hens and 9 babies I just got today.  My girls are a mix of RIR, PBR's, Dominique, WBR, White leg horns,  lavender Orpinton, (I never spell that right), Minorca and red sex links.
The new babies are EE's, Cream leg bars and Swedish Flower Hens.

I also have some Cornish cross in the spring and some turkeys till about fair time. I don't winter them except in the freezer ;)

If you live past the High School you probably drive right by my house.  I have pink Christmas lights on my coop by the trailer park.

Good to meet somebody close by..

Tracy

Haha, I do know where your place is! I thought it was great that you put lights on your coop and remarked about it to my husband when I first saw it! Sounds like you have an awesome variety!

Quote: Yes, that ;) Cedar if you don't want to take care of it and don't mind gray. treated wood where it will be in contact with the ground.

I use treated wood for everything outside, but most people don't like it here :)
You can often find old fence or deck wood for free on Craigslist. I just gave away my old deck and it was being used for a rabbit hutch. Even if it is treated wood, after being outside for that long, I would think that most of the chemicals would have leached out from the surface.

Newbie, just joined from the east side of the state. Anybody else from the Tri-City area?

Welcome to BYC!
welcome-byc.gif

Hang in there and some eastern WA folks will come along.

I, too, am a newbie, from the west side. Enumclaw! Anyone else from the south sound area?

welcome!

I'm in Maple Valley. I have Bielefelders, some marans (just for eggs), and 30 other assorted chickens.

ZGoatLady is in Enumclaw. She has marans, English orps, and Cream Legbars

I live in renton so like 30 mins from enumclaw!! Theres a house with 10 ac for sale that im trying to convince my husband to buy on 224th st!!! Its a dream piece of property. House is old but totally liveable but hubby says no
hmm.png
im still praying though hehe. Lots of chicken people down your way!

there's a ton of properties for sale in my area with acreage. Maple Valley- Hobart area. I know this is an area, because it's so close to Renton and Issaquah, that property values are going up.

I only have 2 acres, but wish we had at least 5 so we could raise our own beef!

Back
Top Bottom