Washingtonians Come Together! Washington Peeps

never mind found a list of all the vets in WA that see chickens i can call them up one by one when i get a rooster chick :)

WASHINGTON

Rocio Crespo, DVM, MS, DVSc, Dip ACPV
Associate Professor, Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology
Branch Chief, Avian Health & Food Safety Laboratory-WADDL
Washington State University
2607 West Pioneer
Puyallup, WA 98371
Phone: (253) 445-4536
Fax: (253) 445-4544
E-mail: [email protected]

Crossroads Vet Hosp
Dr. Bruce Singbeil
15600 Northeast 8th Street
Bellevue, WA 98008-3927
(425) 746-7387

Dr. Bruce is a board certified poultry veterinarian as well!

**Also does phone consults for anyone- US or Worldwide**

Dr. Erin West
Kulshan Vet Hospital
8880 Benson Rd.
Lynden, WA
(360)354-5095

Dr. Rachel Bangert
Village Vet Hospital
236 36th St.
Bellingham, WA
(360)647-1980

Northwest Animal Care Hospital
Dr Brent Johnson-owner
10105 19Th Ave. S.E.
Everett, WA 98208
425-379-0400
http://www.nwanimalcare.com/default.aspx

never mind found a list of all the vets in WA that see chickens i can call them up one by one when i get a rooster chick :)

WASHINGTON

Rocio Crespo, DVM, MS, DVSc, Dip ACPV
Associate Professor, Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Pathology
Branch Chief, Avian Health & Food Safety Laboratory-WADDL
Washington State University
2607 West Pioneer
Puyallup, WA 98371
Phone: (253) 445-4536
Fax: (253) 445-4544
E-mail: [email protected]

Crossroads Vet Hosp
Dr. Bruce Singbeil
15600 Northeast 8th Street
Bellevue, WA 98008-3927
(425) 746-7387

Dr. Bruce is a board certified poultry veterinarian as well!

**Also does phone consults for anyone- US or Worldwide**

Dr. Erin West
Kulshan Vet Hospital
8880 Benson Rd.
Lynden, WA
(360)354-5095

Dr. Rachel Bangert
Village Vet Hospital
236 36th St.
Bellingham, WA
(360)647-1980

Northwest Animal Care Hospital
Dr Brent Johnson-owner
10105 19Th Ave. S.E.
Everett, WA 98208
425-379-0400
http://www.nwanimalcare.com/default.aspx
Don't forget the Avian and exotic animal vet in Bothell by Canyon Park.
He has treated my Chickens in the past.

Don't forget the Avian and exotic animal vet in Bothell by Canyon Park.
He has treated my Chickens in the past.
Thank you I'll check into it too. Before going as far as surgery I am going to try to "band" the roosters neck my making a band to go around it's neck that isn't to tight but enough that when stretched out to crow it wont feel to great. So it will be comfy any time except to crow and see if that solves the issue.
Once it's big enough to know it is a rooster going to start putting collars on it just so it's use to the feel for being comfy all the time :)
I really want a rooster, it may end up being a mostly indoor animal with a poopy diaper on LOL then outside for a few hours a day to do his job.

I also have an annoying tone device in my house for if the dogs bark for more then 2 minutes. It makes a loud tone, that might help teach the rooster to be quiet as well

Last edited:
Thank you I'll check into it too.  Before going as far as surgery I am going to try to "band" the roosters neck my making a band to go around it's neck that isn't to tight but enough that when stretched out to crow it wont feel to great.   So it will be comfy any time except to crow and see if that solves the issue.  

Once it's big enough to know it is a rooster going to start putting collars on it just so it's use to the feel for being comfy all the time :)

I really want a rooster, it may end up being a mostly indoor animal with a poopy diaper on LOL then outside for a few hours a day to do his job.

I also have an annoying tone device in my house for if the dogs bark for more then 2 minutes.   It makes a loud tone, that might help teach the rooster to be quiet as well

I've known quite a few breeders who lived in the city and made double walled "sound proof" cages in garage for individual males. You could make them big enough to accommodate the male and a female or two on a temporary basis and just rotate your females through for a day or two at a time.

I've known quite a few breeders who lived in the city and made double walled "sound proof" cages in garage for individual males. You could make them big enough to accommodate the male and a female or two on a temporary basis and just rotate your females through for a day or two at a time.

that is a great idea. while not sound proof I do have a XXL dog crate. It's great dane sized i just bought off my room mate. And well, i bought it specifically for chicks, chickens that are setting on nests, and/or a rooster to live in. I really really want a rooster I miss having one. In summer when i'm wake my chickens ducks and dogs roam my house and back yard with the door open. I live in the city. I have NEVER had to clean chicken poop or duck poop from in the house. They seem to go back outside to poop maybe because they were hand raised with the dogs and followed them around.
I love being able to have a chicken or duck jump into my lap while i'm watching a movie.

I raise all my chicks on shavings. I have never heard of any chicks dying from only eating shavings. Though my chicks do pick at the shavings they seem far more interested in medicated feed, and corn on the cob. IMO if your chicks are so stupid that they only eat the shavings... its prolly a good thing they dont make it to sexual maturity. Not trying to sound cold. I am just saying that natural selection provides better chickens then sand.
I used to raise White Midgets, mostly free range and yes, Turkeys are not known for their sense…..After i grew out a pair, i can say that *most* hens can be good mothers, that Toms can be good fathers. They are better in a family unit where everyone shares the raising load. I was able to let the hens, brood and raise the youngsters, but if ever really hot, for the first week its good to enclose them somehow so that there will be plenty of water available. Lost most of last years group because it was a hot week and the hen never brought them to the many water dishes i had around. I tried to save but it only stressed them more.

When i hatch eggs, the chicks are on paper towels the first week with loose and dished feed….after that i go to shavings.

There was a time when the original tom couldn't find his way thru one of my gates….The hens either went thru or flew over…..Also You haven't lived til You've seen a Tom trying to breed a Basketball.

does anyone know of a vet in WA that will decrow a rooster? I want to keep a rooster so i can hatch my own chicks, plus i hope to get a tophat type rooster. Recently found out you can get them decrowed to keep them in city limits. Anyone know where that can be done?
PM:
cmsdvm
Cyndy is a veterinarian and also a poultry raiser...................she has some very nice frizzles and Silkies .
She has a practice in Tacoma......I am sure if she cannot help you, she can at least steer you in the correct direction.

I used to raise White Midgets, mostly free range and yes, Turkeys are not known for their sense…..After i grew out a pair, i can say that *most* hens can be good mothers, that Toms can be good fathers. They are better in a family unit where everyone shares the raising load. I was able to let the hens, brood and raise the youngsters, but if ever really hot, for the first week its good to enclose them somehow so that there will be plenty of water available. Lost most of last years group because it was a hot week and the hen never brought them to the many water dishes i had around. I tried to save but it only stressed them more.

When i hatch eggs, the chicks are on paper towels the first week with loose and dished feed….after that i go to shavings.

There was a time when the original tom couldn't find his way thru one of my gates….The hens either went thru or flew over…..Also You haven't lived til You've seen a Tom trying to breed a Basketball.
Oh my they are entertaining aren't they ?
I have 20-30 polts do fine on sand, but once they all see ONE EAT SOMETHING (cardboard, shavings, even each other's rears) they all stampede to that spot & figure it is the thing to eat, and so they do.
Having a mother helps with Polts, but not always......quite often the hens are so big that they trample their offspring...and I have had Toms maul Pekin and Muskovie Ducks until they have ripped their skull skin OFF as they try to mate the duck !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
meanwhile the duck can barely breathe with a 25 pound Turkey dancing on it's back~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ SHEEEEEEEEESH !!!

Went to the BANK to sign the mortgage for the home we just built, Construction Loan.............................all in all it is OK, 15 years, interest at 3.25%. payments are about $500 or so, includes taxes and insurance............not a bad mortgage at all !
None the less I am SPENT~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
DRAINED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IT IS FINALLY DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Soon as T-Hi gets back from Puerto vallarta, and summer starts around, we'll have that barbie....and T-Hi's disc jokey and barbie some nice goodies~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom